Developing problem with the Keder beading on PopAir Pro Awning

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 21, 2023 4:29 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

I was wondering if other owners of the original Kampa Pop Air Pro awnings were having a similar problem with the Keder Beading.

Like many others we followed Kampa's Addendum instructions about adjusting the beading by cutting 8cm from it to make a better fit for post 2010 vans. This seemed to work fine for a time. Kampa stated that any warranty would not be affected by this alteration.

We only tend to use the PopAir for our longer trips and so it only gets used about twice a year

On our first trip last weekend we used it as family were joining us. It was harder then ever to put up as the beading has come out of the Keder as the Keder has torn and we have about 4 inches of beading sticking out from the end. This made it very difficult to keep the kedder in the roof rail.

We do intend sending a complaint to Kampa but are not optimistic about a positive outcome.

Has anyone else experienced this and did you find a solution.? Kath is considering trying to repair the Keder material but it doesn't look an easy job

any thoughts would be welcome

I will try to attach a photo later

MikeTIMG_20230516_103507612.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_20230516_103507612.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_20230516_103507612.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

RE: Developing problem with the Keder beading on PopAir Pro Awning

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 21, 2023 4:44 pm

This is a better photoIMG_20230516_103326682.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 22, 2023 7:26 am
by Captain Calamity | 342 Posts

Mike
One possible solution would be to trim the beading back to meet the keder strip then use two Dorema awning rail stoppers, the kind that grip the end of the awning. We have a similar issue with our pop-air and that seems to work for us.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 22, 2023 8:21 pm

Thanks Capt - we have some Isabella rail stoppers that would probably do the job.

Will give that idea some thought before we go away next

Cheers
Mike

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 22, 2023 10:15 pm
by Captain Calamity | 342 Posts

I’m sure I’m teaching my grandmother to suck eggs here, but you want the Isabella safelock stoppers which grab the ends of the beading. We tried standard stoppers and they didn’t stop the beading from pulling out of the awning rail.
Anyway, it’s going to be sunshine all summer so you’ll only need the shadow😁

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 23, 2023 7:21 pm

Hi Capn - I love an optimist!

Rain follows Kath & I wherever we go. In particular don't go to the South Lakes in early July as we are watching Lancashire play Essex at cricket at Sedburgh in early July.....................

Our Isabella stoppers are the ones like yours and work really well - we use them on all our awnings - Think it will be a summer to use our lightweight Suncamp Swift 260

Best wishes
Mike

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 25, 2023 5:27 pm
by Simboc2004 | 650 Posts

I've got some of those Isabella stoppers too, I now remember. Somewhere... I'll swap them for the Kampa one I've fitted as a stop locator (for when installing my Pop Air on my own...)

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Thu May 25, 2023 5:27 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12524 topics and 105667 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5