Troll 535 ?

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:50 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

According to our Troll layout diagrams the Troll 535 was introduced in 2017 but was there ever such a model?
As far as I can see, the only difference between that and a 530 is the body width and with all recent Hymer new models it always offers 530s or 540s.
There's a lady on Facebook talking of a 2005 Troll 535 and I don't think they exist.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:52 pm | Scroll up

RE: Troll 535 ?

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:09 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

I'm guessing a typo Roger. The 535 first appeared in the 2018 brochure, so some may have been on show 2017..

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:53 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

That's what I thought Colin but what is the difference? Is that the model with a taller fridge/freezer?
If so why are they not offering it on their most recent models?
R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:11 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

It is the one with a larger 12v only fridge. Fixed bed [usually] at rear end, diner for two at the front and a large central area. This has a big kitchen area with the bathroom, tall fridge and wardrobe opposite.
I recall a couple of years ago talking to Leisure First in Dorset and them saying the sales of the model were low. I don't know if this was due to the strange power set-up of 12v fridge and gas only hot water/heating with a Combi unit. You could factory up-spec this to dual gas/electric but not retro up-spec as it meant a total removal and swap to a new and expensive unit. I also recall several owners experiencing fridge problems.
With all this in mind it is not surprising it has been pulled. Shame as the idea was excellent.

Colin

ps - I wonder how long the 560 will stay in production
pps - I wonder when the archaic Truna gas heater will go, along with the the separate water heater, and we see a Combi space/water heater?

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:01 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

… and radiators with an Aldi heater?
This system worked great on our last 2 wwb’s. 🙂

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling a Troll 530.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:16 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

The 535 was basically a 530 with the central area redesigned. The kitchen lost the fridge and got drawers instead. On the nearside there was a narrower wardrobe and a tall narrow 12 volt compressor fridge. I've always liked compessor fridges because you just switch them on and there's no fiddling with different energy sources. They use much less power than the absorption type, but if you go off grid you're reliant on your 12V battery and generally it will only last 36 hours. A normal solar array will extend that but won't keep up. Also they make more noise which is noticeable in the quiet of night.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:51 am
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

Obviously owning a 535 I am biased. I consider it the most sensible Eriba layout I have seen and certainly ticks all my boxes. Drawers under the hob are much more friendly and practical than a large cupboard which generally wastes so much space. They are certainly kinder on my knees. The narrow wardrobe cupboard which is shelved by default is more practical for caravan type clothing than a hanging wardrobe with more wasted space. If you must have hanging for your ballgowns the shelving can be removed. Practical top ledge over the wardrobe and fridge gives ample space for microwave or other accessories or just general "stuff". The larger compressor fridge is brilliant with enough storage room for two people. Not bothered by noise as I generally sleep during the night. I have the fixed bed option and the benches at the front are slightly longer than on the 530 which adds to the comfort level. The feeling of space is impressive. I also have the electric boiler option which, with the air ducting, is thermostatically controlled and most efficient. I don't go off grid ever so have no worries regarding the battery life. Sorry to see it discontinued. I feel if more dealers had had the courage to but it on their forecourts it would have sold well. When I visited Jandi to look for a new van Sandy showed me the 542, the 530, a 540, and he later told me he left the 535 to the last on purpose because in his view it blew the others away. For me he was right.

At the end of the day it is all about personal choice.

Stewart

2019 Troll 535GT Fixed Bed.
Simboc2004 and EdinburghTroll like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:46 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

I always thought the front dinette was the same width as the 530 at 33.7 ins?

And Roger should know better, as all Trolls since 2010 have had the same width body. Before the French factory closed there were a couple of models the same width as now, but the majority were a bit narrower and going into history before about 2005 they were all that narrow width.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:47 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105705 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0