2023 - Buying and selling an Eriba

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:54 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

Well, I've just taken possession of Eriba No 5, a Feeling, which I'll do a dedicated thread on, but I thought it might be useful to members to give an idea of current market trends. It is DIRE.
My first 3 Eriba's have sold for more than I paid for them. I'd bought them both privately and through a dealer, UK and abroad, selling them at 6, 2 and 10 years old, so a good spread.
My last Eriba was a high specification 2017 Triton in near showroom condition. I could have sold it last summer for what I'd paid for it new. But 2023 has not been kind. I advertised it at a price a little high to allow for being knocked down. I had no interest so reduced it and then had one seemingly interested party. This did not progress so I contacted dealers. The message coming back from them all was not good news. The market is flooded with new and nearly new vans that they cannot shift. Covid returns have produced a glut of vans, some with low specification and in poor condition, which when added to the ramping up of orders has resulted in a lot of vans in a market with few buyers.
If you check out the on-line websites then you will find a lot of vans that have been on the market for many months.
If you want to trade up and you can sell your van then it is a good time to do so. I was about £3K down on selling but £7K up on buying.
What I have also learnt in this time is how some dealers continue to be, I'll be blunt here, useless. They do not know what they are selling and do not advertise it correctly. The van I sold is now currently advertised at an Eriba dealership with numerous significant errors. The van I bought from an Eriba dealership appeared to be a poverty spec but turned out to include many desirable and expensive extras. Another dealer has not updated adverts on there own website, e-bay, Gumtree etc with stock and prices differing.
My advice is if you see something that might be what you want then phone up, you may get lucky.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:01 pm | Scroll up

RE: 2023 - Buying and selling an Eriba

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:26 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.118 Posts

Thanks Colin. An interesting update. We're having our van serviced at Tebay at the end of the month and will see what the boss mike's view of things currently as a dealer is.

Purely an observation and non-scientific but we have been away for almost a month this year on 4 different largish sites and only saw 2 Eribas on them, and a couple whilst travelling. We saw 4 on one sight alone last year...................may be indicative of nothing but felt a bit strange

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:20 am
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

Mike, we had a few days away in Cornwall before selling. On that site were 3 older vans, which was unusual. When travelling from Merseyside to Devon on Thursday I saw 4, possibly 5 vans on the M5 heading north. I guess it's down to luck if one appears on your travels as we are still in a niche product.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:27 am

You're probably right Colin........................

The other "unusual" thing was that in our seven years of having our Troll we have always had people wander past and say things about how cool or smart Eribas are and fairly often people have asked for a look inside (always when we are untidy or have left the bed up!)

However that hasn't happened at all yet this year.

The only exception was when we were on the Wood Hill site between Cromer & Sheringham when a young lady and her son stopped for a chat and it turns out that she had arrived in her Triton and pitched up where we couldn't see her van. They had had the lower half of the van covered in red so it looked a bit like the special edition Trolls - forget the name of them now........not the Ocean thingy but the other. It looked good.

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:28 am

perhaps I need to give it its annual polish.................!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:52 pm
by DebbieR | 6 Posts

I think the older Eribas are still selling well. We bought our first one (2010 model) from Tony in April. Since then he has sold around 4 vans pretty quickly. I have wanted to try out an Eriba for some years now but was reluctant to spend around £20k plus on a newer model. Especially since I wasn't sure whether I would like it. I am very pleased with the van so far. Although I may consider a change of model in future to gain a bit more space and have a fixed bed!!

Williebraveheart likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:48 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

I was wondering what the new Mottermobile would be. It will be interesting to see how you get on with it.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:23 am

So would we............................

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105704 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4