UK Club Prices.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:09 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

We've just booked two nights on a hardstanding with hookup at the C&MHC site at Longleat at a cost of £33.20 per night and three nights on a similar pitch at the C&CC site at Cheddar Mendip Heights for £27.60 per night (with age concession). Due to pending surgery in September and the imminent school holidays I doubt if we'll be able to get away again this year.

Perhaps it's as well. As a tight and grumpy Yorkshireman I hate being ripped off. Owt fer nowt, tha knows.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Simboc2004, Randa france and scouteralf like this post!
Scroll up

RE: UK Club Prices.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:19 pm
by Simboc2004 | 654 Posts

We stayed at Longleat last year and thoroughly enjoyed it - though the lions roaring nearby is a bit challenging for the primeval brain... It's also quite a trek out to a shop of any kind (Asda at Frome was nearest, I seem to remember). The road in is very narrow too, with few passing places, so take care!

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Aaron Calder likes this post!
Last edited Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:24 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:51 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Yes, that's bad news that you can't make it abroad again this year Brian.
Just have to book an early one for next year. In the meantime take care of yourself.
R and A x

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:01 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

You did well to get those prices. £40/45 is now a fairly common price. Hope the surgery goes well.
As Roger says, book early for next year. If you fancy France the Eurotunnel bookings are open for the summer.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Aaron Calder likes this post!
Last edited Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:54 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:05 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

We’ve taken to using the CS/CL network. Just had a couple of weeks away, paid an average of £22 per night for peaceful little sites with facilities. Nice mix of tents, campers and caravans even a teardrop on one. All 3 sites also had another Eriba on, nice people apart from the last, new van, young couple, didn’t speak to us, not compulsory I know.
As an aside we stayed at Century House at Scarisbrick only a mile from Red Lion, might be handy for someone. Lovely little site. Went to look at the 820 but they were only letting serious buyers look inside, trying to keep it pristine. The salesman said “it’s £64,000, no oven and you can’t shower in it”. Makes you think.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Randa france and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:02 pm

Fancy that. Red Lion considered the Grafos as Riff Raff.
On the other hand Mr Motters has a Gold Card from them
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Julie Grafo and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:28 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

I might try and get it stamped on Thursday as I'm calling in to see my mother in Southport. It's a bit of a detour as on Wednesday I'm finally collecting my Feeling from Wandahome in Hull, that's 315 miles from home in Devon, then across for a couple of nights to stay at the uncles in Formby near mum, so another 110 miles to get there.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Randa france, Simboc2004 and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Last edited Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:06 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:23 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.119 Posts

Hi Colin
You towing your new van back to your spiritual home for some kind of christening before it sees its new home in sunny Devon?

Have a good journey without too many road works on the M62 - we had a mare getting on the A1M to Grantham towing three weeks ago

MikeT

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:11 am

Crikey Mike. If he did that he'd never get home wherever that might be at the moment.
He changes locations faster than he buys new Eribas.
I wonder if he's one step ahead of the law? 😂
Randa

eribaMotters likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:17 pm

Hi Randa

I wouldn't dream of speculating - he has always seemed an upstanding, law-abiding individual to me

Mike

Randa france and eribaMotters like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:37 pm
by Ianrow | 50 Posts

Just completed our 48th pitch this year ( and we've still a couple more trips planned} Spread over 13 sites. Mostly C&CC main sites with a couple of smaller private sites in the mix. We get the senior member rate with C&CC and always have EHU.

Total for all stays £1227.80 so average £25.57 per night
Dearest was Oxford C&CC at £35,45 & cheapest, surprisingly,Veryan C&CC Cornwall where we paid £180 for 9 nights in June (definitely a bargain)

Interestingly (or not as may be the case for non anoraks) Last year we managed 34 nights averaging £27.95 pn mainly down to Aug BH w/e at Ravenglass C&CC which cost £37pn - the most we have ever paid

I can only assume that folk quoting £50+ pn pitches are using sites with swimming pools, entertainment etc I'd want Wimbledon Center court standard grass pitch and a view of Everest for that price

2002Triton 420 GT & Shiny Blue Skoda Karoq 1.5
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:47 am

We've stayed at Burrs Country Park (near Bury) twice and South End Walney island (private) in last month and with EHU at each and paid £40 a night at both.

Although the Walney one is mainly a semi-residential static site with only a handful of touring pitches, each pitch had its own tap & grey water drain, so £40 is a good price as it has a swimming pool that our grandchildren love. (and it's just over 5 minutes drive from my brothers house.......)

We've stayed all over since May and rarely paid much under £40 for pitch with electric..................it does make it dear. Hopefully we will get some sub-£40 ones as summer holidays have now ended and season coming to a close

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:20 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

Don’t hold your breath Mike. Just checked a C&CC site, even in September it was still over £40, that was with ACR (old gits discount).Needless to say we’re pitching up at a CL at a pub with showers and toilets for £25pn.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Captain Calamity and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:22 pm

Hi julie

Just checking out the C & M C site at Wirral Country Park and it is £146 for 4 midweek nights. The first review talks about how desperately it is in need of some refurbishment of facilities. A bit off-putting at that price........................

For £30 more we could get a fully serviced pitch on a top notch adults only private site on the outskirts of York with individual bathrooms.............mmm not sure what to think

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:44 am
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

We are just off to Norwich C&CC site for 7 nights. Grass only pitch £84.28 for two old gits.......£12 a night!

Vote with your feet and don't use the really expensive sites. Market forces will prevail.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105705 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3