Air Fryer

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:55 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Good evening to all we have been thinking about using an air fryer and leaving the remoska at home. Please could any one advice if they have done this and what air fryer you use. I am thinking of the electric output it would require and UK camp site electric hook up limitations?

Thank you Steve (Morphy)

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

RE: Air Fryer

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:16 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.315 Posts

They look to be between 1500 and 1800 watts, so 6 to 8 amps. That is a lot more than the 400/470 watts and 2 amps Remoska. You should be fine on a UK site as long you do not have a kettle, space or water heater on at the same time. Definitely not one to pack for those who travel to the Continent.
I must admit I was surprised to see they are so power hungry.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:16 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

Hi Steve,
We bought a 2l one recently from Argos.
It takes about the same power as the electric griddle at 2kw (8 amps roughly) so as Colin says, you just need to make sure the other stuff is switched off. (We leave the fridge on as it doesn’t take a lot.)
Cheers, Steve.

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling a Troll 530.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:05 am
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Thank you Colin and Steve much appreciated 👍🏻

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:21 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.117 Posts

Hi Steve

We love our Ramoska but it has its drawbacks mainly time it takes to cook the thinks we want.

We looked around for something to use instead. Must admit we didn't think of an Air Fryer. We ended up with a double induction hob which is low voltage. It is a Vango Sizzle and each hob uses up to 800 Watt. We have found it quick and easy to use. We put our small table outside in the awning and cook in the open air so it doesn't smell the Troll out inside when we do spicy things.

We went to Norfolk for three weeks and it was all we used for cooking - the poor Ramoska wasn't used once.

I'm sure that there are things that an air fryer can do that this can't but we have found it really good.

I would be interested to see how good an air fryer is if you decide to buy one.

Cheers

MikeT

Williebraveheart and Morphy like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:12 am
by cruickie | 97 Posts

Hi Steve, all I can add is that we only camp on the continent, France or the Netherlands.
In almost all cases on site it's 6amp.
At home we use a Cosori airfryer which is 1700 w, but in the caravan to be on the safe side we use a
Philips airfryer which is 1400w and it's amazingly handy
Not once have we had any problems, works perfect.

VW Golf 1.4 GTE PHEV / Triton 410 Foreveryoung
SOULBLUESMAN68 and Morphy like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:38 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Cheers Mike we have bought one now and are probably going to still take the small remoska, we also have a double induction hob . When we are away some times for up to six weeks normally do all the cooking in the van go out very rarely for meals. we have been experimenting at home with the air fryer and have found it is really versatile in what you can cook. We now think we have covered all bases for cooking all the meals we enjoy anyway. Thank you Steve

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:08 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.117 Posts

Thanks Steve

We have just got back from 4 days in almost constant rain in the van at Meathop Fell site - we still have our Troll serviced at Adventure Leisure at Tebay every July and it is only 30 minutes drive away.

Yesterday we nipped up to Barrow-in-Furness to see my elder brother, who sadly lost his wife in the pandemic and then got bowel cancer. His two daughters are doing a great job in helping adapt to his new circumstances. One of the first things that they did was to buy him an air fryer and he absolutely loves it.........!

He spent ages talking through the many ways that he uses it to cook all sorts of things and it was great to see him being enthusiastic. Kath and I have decided that we need to look at them again.

Enjoy your travels

Mike

Morphy likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105700 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4