Socket removal

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:40 pm
by bradbos | 31 Posts

Any idea how you remove the socket by the sink in a 1999 Eriba tritonIMG_5407.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

RE: Socket removal

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:02 pm
by zippy | 70 Posts

remove the outer ring/surround it covers the 4 screws that hold it in place

bradbos likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:05 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.315 Posts

The outside frame will ping off. Firstly try a thin knife in the line between the frame and the central socket body to lever it up a little and then slide the knife in around the back between the frame and the metal face of your unit.
Once this is off you will find 4 small screws holding the corners of the socket body. They are usually No 1 pozi headed, about 12mm x 2.5 mm. You may find another 1mm thick edge on frame surrounding the central socket. This needs to be very carefully pinged off.
Once you undo the 4 screws you should find on all mains voltage fittings, such as this socket, will have a spray can top type shroud for your protection.
I have used this company for what now seems many years for my CBE electrical bits.https://clearcutconversions.co.uk/produc...ampervan-parts/
The attached may also be of use.

Colin

Attachment:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
Fitting-CBE-Sockets-2021.pdf Fitting-CBE-Sockets-2021.pdf

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:09 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:37 pm
by bradbos | 31 Posts

Thanks for the info. Very useful

Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 18 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105699 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7