caravan insurance

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:32 pm
by monoboard | 351 Posts

my insurance is up for renewal in august, previously i have used Caravan Guard. I have never had a claim & its only then that you find out if your insurance is any good. Obviously price is important but it depends on what cover you have, just wondered if anyone has had dealings with them them with a claim or any good recommendations with decent cover!

Scroll up

RE: caravan insurance

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:48 pm
by monoboard | 351 Posts

Since posting last i have come across an item on the caravan & motorhome club where they list/state "caravan cover" at what appears to be £59.00 per year.
i had earlier had a quote on there site for caravan insurance at ex hundreds of pounds but if what I've read is to be believed you can have cover (for member's) for £59.00.
sounds to good to be true. The phrase below is off there site!

Caravan Cover VS Caravan Insurance
What is the difference between cover and insurance

Last edited Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:54 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:52 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.074 Posts

I think the £59 is to join the club

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravan-co...avan-insurance/

Screenshot 2023-07-12 165226.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 Screenshot 2023-07-12 165226.png 

Last edited Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:00 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:37 pm
by monoboard | 351 Posts

Ahh, just the way it had been worded. Explain a lot. Back to my 1st post & see if anyone has recommendations or dealings with either Caravan Guard insurance or caravan & motor home club or anyone else

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:03 pm
by Captain Calamity | 342 Posts

We use Ripe Caravan Insurance. £25k of cover including Europe for under £200. Good customer service. I have not heard of any issues with claims ( does not mean there have not been any). I have however heard of issues with mainstream companies. Insurers do not make it easy to claim and I have in the past had to refer to the Financial Ombudsman to settle claims. Ripe do not require CRIS registration and accept standard Milenco locks. Worth adding to your list.

b2nun, monoboard, Simboc2004 and scouteralf like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:24 am
by monoboard | 351 Posts

Reading insurance companies leaves me with concern/distrust when they talk about if your not on new for old you get THEIR market value, hmm. If you pay a premium for example 26,000 you should get 26,000. if they deem its only worth 10,000 and you have paid a premium for 26,000 what's the point. you know dam well your not going to be able to find a tidy mint caravan (like mine) for what there going to give you or is that just me being cynical

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:37 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.458 Posts

When our 420 was written off we were offered about 50% of its insured value. I refused to take it, told them I wanted what it was insured for. Half an hour later I got a phone call confirming that we would receive the insured value. 3 days later the cheque arrived, that was Saga.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
monoboard and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:39 pm
by monoboard | 351 Posts

Thanks for that, its only by getting feed back from different people on insurance companies that you find out the good or bad of dealing with them.

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 35 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105654 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1