Pro-Tec towing covers

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:57 am
by Simboc2004 | 648 Posts

Does anyone know if you can fit a Pro-Tec towing cover to a pre-2010 Eriba Touring? I know they are designed to fit only post 2010 models... I am quite keen to have one, but all the others I can find are for caravans with vertical rain channels on each side, whereas the Eriba one has that channel across the top at the front only. There is a company in Newmarket (not far from me) that makes towing covers (and awnings) custom fitted to order (£98 + delivery) and they might be prepared to custom build to fit an Eriba. I can but try...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

RE: Pro-Tec towing covers

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:28 pm
by eribahaulers | 7 Posts

A note of caution re protec covers. I have had two on successive vans, the 1st one flapped like mad above the bumper area which they fixed by adding a 3rd stick on press stud. I was a bit suprised when I bought the 2nd that it did not have this added stud. When I fitted it the right side is about 50mm longer than the left! I've had to use tie straps to the underfloor light wiring fixings to get it tight enough. Also my van has suffered a stone dent even when covered! Yes it does keep the front clean when towing but not sure about the overall value of using one.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Pro-Tec towing covers

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:36 am
by Simboc2004 | 648 Posts

Sounds like it might be worth approaching the local maker, then - at least I can be sure it will be custom made - I'm thinking the Kampa super suction clamps could well be useful for the sides. The front of mine just gets so filthy - insect bodies and diesel smuts all over it last time I cleaned it - and that "protective" aluminium panel that gets slight lacquer chips then goes all white under the lacquer at the impact sites. I know mine had already been stripped, autosol'd and re-lacquered once and I am definitely going to have to do it again.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105592 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3