2004 Eriba familia 320 Where to purchase replacement waist band seal and window rubbers

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:37 am
by Ian Law | 12 Posts

Hi All,

I'm carrying out some restoration work on my 2004 Familia 320 resealing rails, replacing window seals etc. I've resealed the awning rail and now I'm planning to do the waist rail, skirt rail and window rubbers where needed. Has anybody got any links or no of any companies that I can get the replacement white seal that is fitted to the top and bottom of the waist rail, I've seen a post on hear where they call it underlay ?? And also the best place to get replacement window rubbers from.
Look forward to your replies

Thanks in advance Ian

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: 2004 Eriba familia 320 Where to purchase replacement waist band seal and window rubbers

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:59 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.072 Posts

Kool Classics. You are correct, it is an underlay and not two separate seals.

https://www.koolclassics.com/

If you are on our Facebook group look at this

https://www.facebook.com/groups/eriba/pe...454950941341302

Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Ian Law and Bathchap like this post!
Last edited Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:01 am | Scroll up

RE: 2004 Eriba familia 320 Where to purchase replacement waist band seal and window rubbers

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:11 pm
by Ian Law | 12 Posts

Hi Steve, thanks very much for the kool classics and eriba folk Facebook link much appreciated.
I’ve dropped kool classics an email this afternoon enquiring about the items I’m looking for, so look forward to their reply.
Will post an update when I hear off them so other users will no what items they can supply, for if anybody needs to do some restoration work like me.
Thanks again

Ian

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:51 am
by Simboc2004 | 648 Posts

Do let us know if you find a source for that underlay - mine is very shabby and I am definitely interested in replacing it, rather than cleaning it!

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:29 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

automotive leisure eriba dealer, supplied my underlay, have to measure the waist first to know how much need
the top strip to cover screws in alumnium band was leisureshopdirect
suggest electric motor screw driver there's a lot of screws to undo.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:54 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.072 Posts

This is an old post including the replacement of the underlay. The full photos are not available now but you can still see that the poster took great care to support the aluminium band using string to hold it in place while the underlay is replaced. I'm presuming to make sure it can be refitted. Maybe there's a danger of it deforming/bending but something to be aware of.

blog-e7298-The-year-restoration-and-other-Jobs-throughout-Ownership.html

Steve

dinky likes this post!
Last edited Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:55 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:28 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

the string is a helping hand, while removing the protector from the underlay and screwing rail as move round onto the body, string stops aluminium touching ground and picking up dirt. which could cause a leak

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105593 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0