Anybody on the Forum have an Eriba Lite 470

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:17 pm
by Threeberries3 (deleted)

Hi folks, just wondering if anybody has an Eriba Lite 470 on the Forum. I appreciate most love the Tourings, we had 2 and loved the iconic van but changed to the Lite for more space. We’ve had ours for over a year now and like it, not as pretty granted. I’ve no issues with ours just would be nice to talk about a wwb Eriba that’s actually very practical.

Colin
VW Passat Est & Eriba Nova 470 Lite
Scroll up

RE: Anybody on the Forum have an Eriba Lite 470

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:59 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

A fellow Colin here.
We went half way and bought an Eriba Feeling after 20 years of owning 4 Touring. I think forum members are still talking to me. This is Nova Lite with the roof chopped off and pop-top fitted. Ours is the 425 model. We liked the 470 layout but the extra length for us was a step too far at the present and really would have meant a bigger car than our Audi A3.
We are away on our maiden voyage at present and love the extra space. We have usually so early in owning a new Eriba come home with a list of jobs to do. This time all I'll have is a small bag of plastic covers that I want to glue over the screw fittings instead of them being a bit loose, annoying me as I they may eventually fall off.
We are very impressed.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

smitton likes this post!
Last edited Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:01 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:18 am

Hi Colin, thank you fir responding, we looked at the Feeling but my wife wanted more heat kept in. I’ve done little bits, putting small bin/shelf storage on the entrance door , more coat hooks & changed the steel wheels for alloys.
Do like it though, have fun. C

Colin
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:40 am

Colin, have a look here:- I've a Feeling

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:06 pm

Hi Colin, how did you fit the Nemesis lock? I bought 3rd party alloys for mine as I had to use the Milenco Compact C wheelock which passed through the circular hole in the steel wheel, what a faff. The Nemisis hits the chassis which, as I’m sure you realise is very deep and low. I’m going to have to get about an inch or so chopped off the Nemess rod. Love your mods by the way, you’re obviously more handy than I am.
Colin

Colin
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:58 pm

I did not have any problem getting the Nemesis to fit. The projection of the rod does not hit anything regarding the length. I usually have to pick and choose which slot in the wheel the rod goes through though, as with my Triton. When I swapped over from my Triton I just altered the number of packing washers used under the barrel lock so the orange body pulled up correctly on the wheel face. I also have some self adhesive rubber stuck to the meeting face of the orange body to protect the alloy wheel.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:19 pm
by AlanC | 93 Posts

Isn't the point of the Nemesis Lock that the bar passes under the chassis and therefore stops the wheel from rotating?

If it hits the chassis I just move to a lower hole in the wheel or change position to face towards the rear, whichever works.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 28 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105704 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3