Window seals, again!

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:14 am
by MartinW | 7 Posts

Hi all. I need to replace the opening window seals on my 91 Puck, they are both (side and rear) in terrible condition. I am happy enough to do it myself but would like reassurance if poss that I’ve got the dimensions right. I’m planning on buying the seals from Seals+Direct (an excellent company that I’ve dealt with before). My question: is the Puck’s wall panel width 30mm? And, if so, is it seal number CS 4090 that I need from the Seals Direct catalogue? Thanks

Edit: I’ve just tried a more careful measure of the wall width. I think it’s actually 27mm. Can anyone confirm that for me? Ta.

Last edited Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:37 am | Scroll up

RE: Window seals, again!

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:40 pm
by Dranddad | 23 Posts

I've just brought gasket from https://coh-baines.co.uk/products/carava...5mm-panel-crs01 fixed window for a 92 puck.

I've just covered the van up so I can check tomorrow the size again but I'm sure it's 25mm. 20mm box section 1mm outside skin and 3mm internal skin.

With my arthritic hands I managed to get the gasket in but for the life of me I can't get the window in , tried gasket on window first but I found that impossible too.

Phillip

If you wake up, smile its a brand new day.

Last edited Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:43 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:50 am
by MartinW | 7 Posts

Yeah, you’re right Phillip, I just checked more carefully and it is indeed 25+ mm. Thanks for your help.
Martin

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:03 pm
by Dranddad | 23 Posts

Welcome

If you wake up, smile its a brand new day.
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 18 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105592 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3