Awning light

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:48 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Hiya to all,
I have searched through the how to fix section on here, I am after a new awning light for my Troll 2004 I have the outer lense cover. What I am after is the full unit that screws to the caravan with the bulbs and all the workings.

I pulled a defective bulb out of the holder unfortunately it had perished and one of the prongs snapped off inside the bulb holder. It snapped off at the base leaving the broken part inside. I can no longer push a replacement bulb in also the whole unit is perishing/cracking. I bought the replacement lense cover not all that long ago so that is ok.

I saw that Aaron bought one from a German company in grey but I cannot find the firm. If I can not buy an original does anyone or has anyone fit an aftermarket type to thier caravan that is similar. Thank you Morphy

Eriba Troll name Trevor year 2004 pushing a Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

RE: Awning light

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:01 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Brownhills [Hymer Motor Home dealer] advertise on e-bay and have the fronts, so worth giving them a call for a full unit. You could however fit something totally different. I sourced a short Labcraft Astro [led not halogen] as a replacement on my Familia and it worked very well. Similar items are out there, eg:- Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproof-12...5.c100005.m1851

Colin

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Morphy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:16 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Morphy, eBay product number 64835249 the original Hymer part.
Cheers
TonyP

Eriba Troll 540GT and Galaxy.
Morphy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:50 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Thank you Tony I have put the number in and nothing coming up, I have ordered LED aftermarket light looks a good bit of kit we will see. But thank you Tony, Morphy

Eriba Troll name Trevor year 2004 pushing a Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:03 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

B85C3796-C88A-4791-B8B0-E62D6A9E912A.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Eriba Troll 540GT and Galaxy.
Morphy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:46 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Yes thank you again Tony it is the rest of the light I require all the gubbings I have the lense which I bought not so long ago. But the fixings that the lense fits over that has perished. The plastic has cracked the gasket/seal thing has perished and fell apart and one of the bulbs has snapped its pin off and has well and truly got stuck in the pin hole. It has gone well past its sell by date.

I have sent for an aftermarket LED light looks nice and has an expected 23 year life at 6 hours on a day. Which will make me a grand old age of 85 so hopefully trouble free. I have just been catching up on one or two bits and bats that require fixing.

Thank you once again Tony much appreciated Morphy

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:08 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.072 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

This may be what you were looking for but at an eye watering price £90

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172393612133?...pyuc0Vxb06IG-hw

s-l500.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:19 am
by Big Al | 223 Posts

This one might do: Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYMER-ERIBA-M...T8AAOSwvgdW5qBM

Only £16.38. Read advice about what bulbs to use...

1997 Puck pushing a 1970 Morris Minor Traveller, sometimes a Pug 3008
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:27 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Big Al wrote in post #8
This one might do: Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYMER-ERIBA-M...T8AAOSwvgdW5qBM

Only £16.38. Read advice about what bulbs to use...

That one is just the front part. it doesn't include the rear plate and bulb holders, unfortunately.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun May 14, 2023 9:18 pm
by mmcd87 | 17 Posts

duplicate post

Last edited Sun May 14, 2023 9:22 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun May 14, 2023 9:22 pm
by mmcd87 | 17 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #2
Brownhills [Hymer Motor Home dealer] advertise on e-bay and have the fronts, so worth giving them a call for a full unit. You could however fit something totally different. I sourced a short Labcraft Astro [led not halogen] as a replacement on my Familia and it worked very well.

Colin

Hi Colin,

Would it please be possible to get a bit of info on the awning light wiring for new light unit? I have also purchased Labcraft Astro. Old unit has 4 wires - 2 for each bulb. With the new LED lamp unit I was going to just connect 2 of the wires but what did you do with the 2 unused wires? I tried to see if I could get access to more wiring etc in the van but that looks difficult.

Thanks

Last edited Sun May 14, 2023 9:26 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun May 14, 2023 10:35 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

It must have been over 10 years ago when I fitted the Labcraft. I can only recall two wires on the light, which matched up with the two wires on the van.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon May 15, 2023 8:02 pm
by mmcd87 | 17 Posts

Thanks for the response. I am surprised by the wiring though hopefully my plan will work without having to pull the van apart! Very strange each bulb seems to have its own circuit into the van.

IMG_1208.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:27 am
by dinky | 211 Posts

thats a halogen light bulb they get hot in use, here the led alternative
https://www.amazon.co.uk/caravan-led-bul...ravan+led+bulbs

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:01 pm
by mmcd87 | 17 Posts

I fitted Labcraft light unit as advised above and am really pleased with it. Massive upgrade from the OEM unit and still looks factory.

https://www.labcraft.co.uk/product/astro-ll2/

I drilled the casing to use a few of the factory mounting holes as did not want to drill new holes in the van. As I said above my old halogen lamp unit had a set of wires for each bulb so 4 wires total. I only needed 2 of them for the new unit.

Thanks

eribaMotters and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105593 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0