MeerKat on "Million Pound Motorhomes "

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:46 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Did anyone else spot the MeerKat attending a Ladies Only Meet in the USA, in last Sunday's edition of the above TV program? A brief glimpse only.

We've reported on the MeerKat on several occassions in the past and it is obviously a rip off of the Puck.

Meerkat 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)MeerKat 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

https://www.littleguytrailers.com/produc...-travel-trailer

Are Hymer missing a trick here? They seem to be hell bent on producing several different models of Troll but isn't it about time they relaunched the Puck?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Simboc2004 and addisb like this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:20 am | Scroll up

RE: MeerKat on "Million Pound Motorhomes "

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:31 am
by Simboc2004 | 654 Posts

Agreed. Particularly with electric cars needing, currently , smaller, lighter vans to give decent range

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:31 am | Scroll up

RE: MeerKat on "Million Pound Motorhomes "

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:15 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Last week with nothing to do but to watch the rain, I decided to take another look at the Puck.
Obviously Hymer decided to lose the Puck and the Puck L because an entirely different set of parts to the rest of the range was needed. The Familia, Triton and Troll use identical parts except for the length although the new Trolls are now 100 mm wider than the rest.
What if ..................... A new Puck was considered but not as small as the original> Yes a shame about getting it into garages or narrow driveways but if the height/width was standard to the rest of the models, then the front windows could come back, the side entry door would remain the same and the interior furniture and fittings would be standard.
BMW got away with a far bigger Mini didn't they?
A pretty crappy set of illustrations done on my 20 year old Photoshop which I can only use on my out of date 9" screen Tablet.

FINISHED PUCK Comparison a.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Famila 320 Puck 220 a.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Finished New Puck a.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:20 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105706 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2