Toilet Fluid.

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:31 am
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

How many of you are using green "Organic" Toilet Fluid and Rinse and how does it perform compared with the Blue Toilet Fluid?

We've just had to join the ECO club and filled our toilet with the green stuff as one of the campsites we hope to visit shortly insists on the green stuff only.

In all our years of camping and Eribaring we have only once come across a campsite that had a dumping facility for Organic Fluid and in their case another one for Blue Fluid. That was Fforest Fields way back in 2013. Since then we've never come across it.

Using Elsan as a cost basis, the green stuff would appear to be about £1.50 a litre more expensive which is far cheaper than it used to be. Also. for those who use the pink aromatic smelly stuff with the blue fluid, it states that if using the green stuff there is no need to do so as the green stuff is supposed to smell great.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:34 am | Scroll up

RE: Toilet Fluid.

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:35 am
by Simboc2004 | 650 Posts

We have just changed to Elsan organic green fluid, having used Thetford blue/green "bags" for the last year (purely for ease of dosing). We abandoned the Pink flush fluid after hearing many people say it gums up the flush and we now use the Elsan green fluid for that too and it smells good and all seems to work well so far. Just a slight pain having to measure out the dose each time, but then I am essentially very lazy...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:36 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:41 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.310 Posts

We became Green converts some years ago, because it meant we only needed to carry one bottle and the pink stuff in the rinse does produce a black build up.
Ours is only used for night time wee, and so needs emptying about every 4 days. Even in high 30's Continental temperatures it has been effective and we have had no smells. For the waste tank I use 75ml and 2L of water. A dash of the green stuff in the flush tank, just enough to see in the colour the water seems to keep the bowl fresh.
I would advise checking the bottle before you add the liquid to your caravan. When left on the shelf over winter I've found limescale type crystals solidify in the bottom of the bottle. These could be a problem in the flush sysytem.
]On our new van the Eriba does not have a separate toilet flush tank, but draws water from the main onboard tank. I've mixed a weak solution of pine disinfectant and water in a small spray bottle to give the bowl a spray each morning.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:40 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:49 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.460 Posts

We were on a site back in July ( the one just down the road from Red Lion) which insisted on green fluid only. They didn’t have any, nor did we. So I simply used fresh water, toilet only used overnight and emptied every morning. Not much of a hassle and it worked well, a modern version of a “gazunder” 😂

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Randa france, Simboc2004 and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:42 pm
by Captain Calamity | 342 Posts

Only ever used “Green” and never added anything to the flush tank. In almost seven years we’ve never had a problem with any build up in the tank and no noxious odours. Mind you we use the van every month come rain or shine and everything gets a twice annual milton treatment.

Simboc2004, Randa france and sibillini like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:12 am
by dinky | 211 Posts

there is an alternative use none at all, use this instead,

https://compoosttoilets.com/ 😉 the foxes video is funny

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:25 am

On the C&MC forum the non bio washing tablets are used by many in the holding tank.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:31 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

the advert says these can be used in rvs
green gobbler https://www.amazon.co.uk/Green-Gobbler-S...ps%2C235&sr=8-1
perhaps just add one to home pipes to work while your away.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:09 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

hi Randa

We now use the Green stuff for both the toilet tank and the flush.

In the past used the expensive Elsan pink stuff (that we had to buy at a C & MC site as I forgot to pack any. As I reported on the Forum started to have a bad problem with the black bits and over the winter these seized up the pump in the flush. Quite proud of de-seizing pump myself but a real fiddly job and lost skin on my knuckles. This decided for me that wouldn't use pink stuff again ever.

Now use green stuff in both. Like Colin I just put enough in to slightly colour the flush - not a big one for exact measurements with toilet.. It has worked well and smells as nice as the deadly pink stuff and I will continue to use it in both.

The latest one I am using is not Elsan but Blue Diamond that I got from the Range and was cheaper

MikeT

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:04 am

I'm sure we have missed out on a joke about old folk and a pink rinses somewhere. I bet Pepe could come up with one.

Colin

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Last edited Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:06 am | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12524 topics and 105667 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3