Moving 12v power switch

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:00 pm
by AlanC | 93 Posts

I have wanted to move the 12v DC power switch from the side of the wardrobe to an end panel beside the door for some time now. The end panels of the top lockers on either side of the door have switches for the lights (internal front and external) in them on our Troll and can easily accommodate an additional one.

So my question is, how do I route a low current twin core cable from the control unit in the wardrobe behind the top lockers (via either the front or rear top lockers) to the door?

I have had a poke around and it looks as if I will need to dismantle some of the lockers completely to get access behind them to the one beside the door, which I am reluctant to do.

Your thoughts, advise and experience would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V
Scroll up

RE: Moving 12v power switch

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:09 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

My last van was a 2017 Triton 430. I managed to feed a 12v supply and TV co-axial from behind the gas fire to the top rear corner on the door side.
You will find small access panels that are removable in the top corner lockers and a void above the panels at the top of the the top lockers.
I taped my wires to the top strip of thin plastic conduit ducting and fed it through the void. It was an absolute pain, but doable with care.
I'd imagine a similar approach would bring the solution you are after.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:02 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

could use the lower locker route via bottom lockers in the brown conduit, then behind the fridge.
if have blown air it goes under the fridge comes out near door, if not want blown air under fridge could omit it and use that to thread wires through to your new switch position.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:18 pm
by AlanC | 93 Posts

Thanks, Colin.

As the wardrobe is diagonally opposite the door on the 530 I can feed the cable around either way, although round the back may be a little longer. I hadn't spotted the access panels so will investigate these with the aid of an electrician's cable pull-through wire.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:23 pm
by AlanC | 93 Posts

Although that is the easiest route, getting to the cupboard from the seat locker means the cable will run on the surface of the wall. I would prefer the cable to be completely hidden so don't want to go down that route.

One to bear in mind though.

Thanks

Alan

Liz and Alan
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:10 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

how about under floor using vents?

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 46 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105683 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0