Hi Eriba Folk!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:18 pm
by TrikerJohn | 1 Post

Hi, thanks for accepting me into the forum.

My wife and I have owned folding campers for many years, but have now decided to move on to our first caravan. We really like the design and quality of the Eriba Touring range, and are just embarking on researching which model will best suit our needs. We're undecided about the age of any potential purchase; we like the layout(s) of the Trolls of the early 2000s, but are equally tempted by the idea of a nearly new model. Hoping to pick the brains of experienced owners, both on here and in the FB group!

Randa france and dinky like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Hi Eriba Folk!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:41 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I'd advise against jumping in at the deep end and going nearly new. There is a glut of such vans with both dealers and private sellers expecting high prices, that they are not achieving.
The newer vans are also appearing to be not as well built as earlier models.
If I was new to the marque I would source a 2007-2009 model. In GT specification these had what I still believe to be the most attractive exterior with white over silver. The internal joinery had a welcome face-lift with curved cupboards and the plywood/hinges used were of a high quality.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Simboc2004 and Rickys Rav like this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:26 pm
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Hi John and welcome to Eribafolk

Going on from what Colin has said, we bought a then 11year old Eriba Troll 13 years ago and have, to date, found no reason to change it. I think it's fair to say that we do more than an average annual mileage with it and have visited almost every country in Europe.

Our 24 year old Troll is now worth as much if not a tad more than what we gave for it. Therefore there's no need to be talked into buying a new or nearly new. Many of the older ones are just as good.

Just be careful to find out what to look for, especially rusting sub chassis.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:26 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:41 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

to the forum

hope find the eriba, once found they become part of family

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:39 am
by granddadgrape | 1.562 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:14 am
by Simboc2004 | 658 Posts

to the Forum

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:37 am
by Islay | 220 Posts

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:13 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

hi John and welcome to the Forum

We have a 2016 540GT (the all silver model) which we love and in 7 years have had no real problems with.

We have a couple of fiddly bits with retightening screws in the bathroom door and on a couple of cupboard doors but these are easily fettled.

Think Colin is right that it has recently become a buyers market and Eriba price increases have helped this. Our van now appears to be new over £10K what we paid for it.Last time we were in an Eriba dealers they seemed to have a massive number of new vans in stock.

I guess I would say take your time and have a good look round at what deals are on offer before you take the plunge.

Good luck in finding what you want.

MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4