Can we have a new category or should I change my ways? ��

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:26 am
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

This is a suggestion to Admins, but I thought it might be interesting for all…

I regularly have a trawl around the forum and value the fact that you can still find a topic after 5 years, unlike the Facebook groups where I struggle to find my own threads after 5 minutes.

However, I rarely visit the “anything not Eriba” topics as it seemed to be mostly birthday wishes. That’s why I didn’t respond to several surveys or participate in other discussions.

How about a separate category for Birthday wishes; maybe just below the new members section? That would leave the non-Eriba section clearer to see the other content.

Obviously, I have no idea how easy/difficult/time-consuming this might be but what do you think?

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling a Troll 530.
Pepé Le Pew and eribaMotters like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Can we have a new category or should I change my ways? ��

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:25 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Inspecta_Gadget wrote in post #1

I regularly have a trawl around the forum and value the fact that you can still find a topic after 5 years, unlike the Facebook groups where I struggle to find my own threads after 5 minutes.

However, I rarely visit the “anything not Eriba” topics as it seemed to be mostly birthday wishes. That’s why I didn’t respond to several surveys or participate in other discussions.

How about a separate category for Birthday wishes; maybe just below the new members section? That would leave the non-Eriba section clearer to see the other content.

Obviously, I have no idea how easy/difficult/time-consuming this might be but what do you think?
Quote: Inspecta_Gadget wrote in post #1

Can't speak for the other admin geezers, but I think it's a very good idea

Normally changes as fundamental as the one you are suggesting take a minimum of 18-24 months to implement.

We'd need to call an extraordinary AGM, inform the shareholders, run it past HR (there may be ramifications for staffing levels and emergency cover), logistics, accounts and then make a written proposal to the head of IT followed by the customary PowerPoint presentation.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:37 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Pete. You've forgotten the fact that we have to work out the cost and build in any inflation figures before deciding on a start date.

Hopefully the work can be carried out within budget and we will not have to rethink the scheme, with the possibility of axing parts of the proposal due to rising costs.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Seriously though, this suggestion couldn't have come at a worse time as only three days ago our Hosts decided to radically change the Administration Board and there are elements of the new layout that we can't quite fathom out. I have today, messaged them to find out more.

Unless it doesn't show up because it's half finished, I have created a new board entitled Birthday and Anniversary Greetings ( below the welcome to new members) . I can see it on my screen but can't access it until I find out how to give Permissions to use it.

One thing I can't quite understand though? When I visit the forum the first thing I do is to click on my Forum Name (to the right and under the header) and click "Latest Posts". This brings up all the posts I haven't read and if I'm a miserable bugger like Steve (Inspecta_Gadget, no more Birthday Messages on 25th June for you Matie boy} I can scroll past the birthday messages and read the rest of the new comments before clicking on Mark as Read The Whole Forum.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:05 pm

Lol!
That just goes to show how I miss the bits staring me in the face. 🙂
Nearly 3 years on this site and I’ve never noticed that useful little gadget! I’ve been opening each section of interest and poring down each page.

I can see a name-change coming on.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:06 pm

… I even miss my birthday messages Lol!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 41 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105704 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3