Position lights

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:12 am
by GCL | 122 Posts

Hi everyone, I have a problem with the side lights. Last week, while hooking up, I noticed that two position/clearance lights did not come on. In particular, the low white front on the left (in the direction of travel) and the red rear on the right. I was thinking of broken light bulbs, but I'm curious about the fact that they are crossed. What do you think, is it worrying or do I just calmly change the light bulbs? Thank you

Land Rover Discovery3, 2003 Eriba Triton 430
Scroll up

RE: Position lights

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:19 am
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Whilst two appearing to go at once may seem a coincidence, it could be that the rear went some time ago and you did not notice it until you went looking, when you found the front one had gone.
I'd check the bulbs/connections and not worry about it unless doing so did not address the situation.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:22 am
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

One fo my front position lights is always a little cantankerous and often doesn;t come on - until I've been 100 yards down the road. I've had a look and cant see anything obvious but there is clearly a suspect connection somewhere - either something that is a little loose or has corroded. Might be worth checking for that as well...

Ah, I see Colin makes the same suggestion as I was typing this..

Last edited Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:23 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:34 pm
by GCL | 122 Posts

Check .... better to say that Carla checks the lights every time I connect the caravan and before every transfer and, being on holiday, we had checked it 5 days before.

Land Rover Discovery3, 2003 Eriba Triton 430
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105676 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3