Truma S3002 Heater Gas Ignition Problem

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:27 am
by Allypete | 30 Posts

Hi - first time posting here as we are new to Eribas.

We recently bought a 320 and going through the list of known problems to fix, I am now trying to sort the problem with the Truma S3002 manual ignition.

We bought the van knowing that the piezo ignitor didn't work - but that didn't bother the previous owner as he always used EHU. I'm a bit OCD about fixing problems I know about, so this morning I thought about having a look at this.

I took the cover off and I can see that the heater needs a good vacuum. Also there was no AA battery, so I put a new one in. As soon as I insert the battery I can hear a faint clicking which continues as long as the battery is in. Is this normal?

Pressing down the ignitor knob on the RH side doesn't seem to do anything. I haven't turned the gas on yet but I will as soon as I've cleared all the dust.

Can someone enlighten me as to the next thing to check? The Truma user manual doesn't seem to give any guidance.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Pete

Scroll up

RE: Truma S3002 Heater Gas Ignition Problem

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:54 am
by dinky | 211 Posts

the clicking normally starts when turn the gas knob left hand side try turning to lowest level all way to the dot
the clicking is the sparker trying to ignite the flame. at least that is how my truma works it stops when the gas knob is in off position. the air fan conrols are on the right on mine.
ensure have a co alarm in case of any seals degraded
to forum

Last edited Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:01 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:20 pm
by Allypete | 30 Posts

OK that explains it. I put the gas on and the heater fires up, once the air was purged out of the gas pipe. I didn't realise the igniter is on if the control knob is not set to zero.

I thought that an annual service would have included vacuuming the dust out and checking the seals. We always use a CO monitor - you can't be too careful.

Thanks for your help.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:04 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Make sure you use heat resistant AA batteries

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304890334576?...%3ABFBM8ofstt9i

The following contents have been linked to this post:

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
braiders likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:12 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

That's a new one on me. The battery holder sits on the floor, nowhere near the heat source.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:51 pm
by Allypete | 30 Posts

I’ve ordered the Varta battery on EBay via the link. Yes the battery compartment is on the floor below the heat source but for £3.49 + £1.60 postage as it’s better to get the proper one just in case. The heater’s probably only going to be used when the temperature drops below 17 degrees so there may be some thermal headroom even with a standard battery. A standard AA is usually specified 0 to 55 degrees ambient.

Pete

Poptop320 likes this post!
Last edited Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:00 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:13 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #5
That's a new one on me. The battery holder sits on the floor, nowhere near the heat source.
Colin

It was new to me as well Colin a few years ago, this info is on Adventure Leisure site.

“If the heater has an auto ignitor, Truma recommend that you replace the batteries about every two years, or if the ignition frequency becomes slower. Use only batteries that are heat proof and that do not leak.
Information supplied from truma.com”

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:05 am
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

I found out about the early replacement in June when I collected our new van. When I got home I found the fire would not work so swapped the battery over for a new one. It is a 2022 and had stood at the dealership for just under a year, so not a very good battery life.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

Visitors
8 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105676 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 8