Bathroom mirror

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:21 am
by GCL | 122 Posts

Hi everyone, I have a problem with the bathroom mirror. On his last trip he decided to become a dancer and move away from his homes. My Triton is from 2003 and does not have a sliding mirror. To secure it, three clips must be used at the bottom and three at the top. The seat of the upper clips is wider and is used to insert the mirror and then let it lower into the ones below. The point is that the movements and bumps make the mirror "dance" and come out of its place. By pure luck it didn't break (and I wouldn't want the 7 years of bad luck to come my way) and I want to find a solution. Have any of you already had this problem? and how did you solve it? Thank you.

Land Rover Discovery3, 2003 Eriba Triton 430
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Bathroom mirror

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:21 am
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

I'm trying to visualise the problem. How about a photo?

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:41 am
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Yes, we had the same problem Giancarlo so we know exactly what you mean.

When we modified our washroom we removed the mirror but I think perhaps you could used mirror clips such as
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hardware-BH0226...96243367&sr=8-7
to each side. Perhaps won't stop it jumping up and down but should stop it falling out.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

scouteralf likes this post!
Last edited Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:43 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:45 pm
by GCL | 122 Posts

he photos are these (not mine but the assembly is the same). He used shims.
[img]IMG_4637.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_4639.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)[/img]

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:03 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

How about masking tape the area, apply a bead of clear silicon and then remove tape to expose a nice neat job.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:35 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Yes, looks like they've wedged their mirror at the bottom using plastic/rubber wedges that used to be used to stop old Mini sliding windows from rattling (perhaps not but why not?) Probably sticky backed furniture leg pads on the top.

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283985957932?...LwaAvqFEALw_wcB

Randa

The following contents have been linked to this post:

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:40 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:01 am
by dinky | 211 Posts

mirror to leap out in motion to jollys am trying to remember if adjusted the top lights to hold mirror better, think thats what did.
had thought of hook and loop tape / or command strips however that could peel the silver off mirror

could use something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fixings-Bathroo...32&sr=8-20&th=1

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:13 pm
by Ianrow | 50 Posts

We removed ours altogether fearing a similar outcome as the mirror was already slightly chipped along the bottom edge and had jumped out of the lower slots a couple of times.
This involved taking off the moulded light fitting amd repalcing with a new LED strip attached to the underside of the small shelf
We attached a stick on acrylic mirror and also found an IKEA metal shelf that just fits above the top of the lower moulded section
I'll try and get a pic up next time we get the van out.
Ian

2002Triton 420 GT & Shiny Blue Skoda Karoq 1.5
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:12 am
by Islay | 215 Posts

That sounds good. Ours is quite manky so a replacement might be a nice idea.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:59 am
by dinky | 211 Posts

if put a mirror in a wide picture frame, can add some hinges magnets and a travel catch and make a shelf unit its like hidden storage.

alternatively if struggle with lap joints, buy a bathroom cabinet, they are expensive hence why made own in home.

Islay likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:04 am
by GCL | 122 Posts

Excellent idea, I'll wait for the photos with curiosity. But what is the acrylic mirror like?

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:48 pm
by Ianrow | 50 Posts

IMG_4529.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) IMG_4527.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

2002Triton 420 GT & Shiny Blue Skoda Karoq 1.5
Randa france and Islay like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:20 pm
by Erik (deleted)

same here, mirror fell out but did not break, put it back in position and used a length of white beading down each side , two small screws in each length, job done been thee years now and no further problems.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:02 am
by GCL | 122 Posts

After several attempts, with shims, I found "my" solution. In a DIY shop I bought an acrylic mirror which surprised me with the quality of the reflection, very similar to glass. I cut it (with an iron blade) to size, obtaining two pieces. To fix them I had thought of using adhesive, but, given the presence of structural screws, I opted for fixing with screws. This solution seemed much less invasive to me and will allow me to access the original screws without difficulty. The new mirror is smaller in height than the original and has a vertical junction line, but it will perform its function splendidly... in particular I will not run the risk of seven years of bad luck.
I didn't take photos, sorry, but I will.

Islay, Frantone and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:31 pm
by GCL | 122 Posts

Here is the mirror mounted
Immagine WhatsApp 2023-10-25 ore 13.45.29_fc373186.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Immagine WhatsApp 2023-10-25 ore 13.45.30_3212c3f9.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Islay, Simboc2004, Randa france, Ianrow and dinky like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105683 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2