Awning for eriba puck

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:57 pm
by WaynoNZ | 14 Posts

Any advice on sourcing a complete awning for eriba puck?
Secondhand and or new? Other brand options too ..
Am way down under in New Zealand...thanks

Scroll up

RE: Awning for eriba puck

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:44 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.317 Posts

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your awning search. I'm guessing Eriba are very few and far between in NZ, so a genuine awning will be a bit of a no go.
Some campervan drive-away awnings with tunnels may work for you, but these typically need a 1.8m to 2.1m connection height and I believe your awning rail is far lower.
In the UK a good number of owners have found the Kampa/Dometic Pop Air 260 is a fit. Do Kampa sell in NZ.? I've done a quick search and come across this website:- https://www.burnsco.co.nz/brands

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:16 pm
by WaynoNZ | 14 Posts

Thanks Colin, correct Domestic is possible, and suppliers are here. Yes it's a low rail type only 1.6 metres high.
Only a few eriba here later types, not many pucks .
Our Opa had a bigger in SW Germany.
Thanks for your help . Wayne

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:18 pm
by WaynoNZ | 14 Posts

Oops. Should read.....Our Opa has a bigger version in SW Germany

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:35 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Puck owners in Europe normally use a Chalet Type awning such as a Clairval or an Soplair like this one that Morphy used when he had a Puck. It's a Clairval.

morphy.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Good, solid awnings which do come up for sale second hand but the cost of shipping these heavyweights to NZ would be crazy.

Other Puck owners do use Drive Away awnings but they have to make a slight modification to the tunnel between the Eriba and the awning to ensure that rain water drains off and doesn't pool.

That's the cheapest way and presumably these can be bought in many Camping/Caravan shops in NZ. You can get reasonably priced ones with poles or the more expensive blow up ones. Personally I'd go for a poled one to see how you go.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Outdoor-Revolut...581864367&psc=1

Also you could consider a stand alone tent of the same shape with plenty of headroom, which can be erected just a few feet awat from the Puck door.

See our awning gallery for some ideas:- g8-Eriba-Awnings.html

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:37 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:59 pm
by WaynoNZ | 14 Posts

Has anyone fitted a Dometic Air pro 260 to their eriba puck? with low height rail of 1.68M

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:50 pm
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Wayne, I know a few owners have fitted the Pop-Air 260 and seem pleased with it.
On UK ebay at present is a 1979 Puck with the very awning fitted, so you can get a good idea what it looks like. It is an earlier pre 2019 model, which differs slighly, but you would be hard pressed to notice unless the differences were explained.
Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186128708280?...ABk9SR4Kt4tHpYg
For some reason you may get the listing appear in German, a glitch on the forum software I believe.
I have owned the larger size of this awning when I had a Triton. It is worth buying the optional sun canopy, which became available on the version 2 of the awning on sale from 2019 onwards. Whilst it is not very large it does offer a little shade and allows you to have the front partly open when it rains. Having the top of the front panel down 50mm or so is a good idea if you are camping at that time of year when condensation can form on the underside of the awning roof. It will help a lot. The awning specific Kampa carpet is also excellent.

Colin

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:53 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:30 am
by zate24 | 18 Posts

Hi, first off congrats on the rugby , I assume you won the semi as you were so far ahead at half time? Anyhow I have a 92 puck and I tow it with a VW T5. I bought a VW Kampa trip drive away air awning for the VW and it also works really well on the Puck too. With it being an air awning it takes about 10 minutes to set up. I have fit a rainwater deflector strip onto the awning rail to stop the water flooding off the Puck roof and pooling on the awning roof. It is also high enough for the Puck door to open fully. All in all well suited with it.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:03 am
by WaynoNZ | 14 Posts

Thanks for the help....the ab 's you mean, my team tipped over....viva la France!!! Always have followed le Bleu.
Will look into options...limited here in NZ.....freighting from Europe cost ??
Was very close other semi sth Africa vs england!!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:29 am
by WaynoNZ | 14 Posts

Well NZ supplier only have the dometic rally air pro models campervans !! Pop air pro not in NZ.
Any possibilities from overseas

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:25 am

All you can do is work your way through any UK suppliers via e-mail.
I just did a quick search for carriers on a comparison website for a 20kg parcel at 100 x 36 x 36cm. Prices range from £200 - £400.
Is the market and availability better in Australia?

Colin

Edit - I wonder if you could get a more realistic shipping cost from a company that sends containers overseas as I'm sure they could squeeze an awning bag into a larger load.

Last edited Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:28 am | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 35 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12529 topics and 105710 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1