replacement dinette

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:00 pm
by brendan | 5 Posts

hi all, now we have the Eriba (Triton I think) 2003 on our drive we can set about refreshing it a little. The previous owners had a really useful bunk bed in the front but we are hoping to replace this with a small dinette so we can largely keep the double bed set up at the other end. Is it possible to source these dinettes in 'kit' form or from a 'breaker/spares supplier? We do know someone who can either fit it or make us something that would work but I'd rather keep original materials if possible.

thanks,

Scroll up

RE: replacement dinette

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:52 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.317 Posts

Brendan, do you have any photo's. The bunk bed set-up you have may be built around a factory fit front dinette. If so I'm guessing to get it to the layout you are after might be less work.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
brendan likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:01 pm
by Simboc2004 | 655 Posts

You might well find someone who'd like to convert their dinette into a bunk. Sounds like yours is a Triton 430, as the 420 has a front kitchen...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

brendan likes this post!
Last edited Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:01 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:25 pm
by brendan | 5 Posts

I will get a few pics tomorrow in the light and we can see what it looks like thank you. It seems stand alone from what we've been told and can see but I'm not always sure what I'm looking for..I'll be back!

thank you.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:58 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Hi Bredan and welcome to Eribafolk

Below are a few links to Triton 430s for you to peruse. The first one is a 2003 Triton 430 with bunk bed. Who knows, it could be yours although I think the bed is built at a later date.

https://www.eribacaravansales.co.uk/erib...gt-2003-sold-1/

The second pic is a 2001 430 and the 3rd and 4th are 2004 and 2003 respectively. They show the layout without the bunk and the only differences are the upholstery colours. I'm guessing the red upholstery has been fitted alter as it's not standard.

https://www.eribacaravansales.co.uk/erib...gt-2001-sold-1/
https://www.eribacaravansales.co.uk/erib...30gt-2004-sold/
https://www.eribacaravansales.co.uk/erib...30gt-2003-sold/

The small front table will also fit a Familia 310 and the Troll 540 of the same era.(2001 to 2005).

Randa.

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

brendan likes this post!
Last edited Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:00 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:08 pm
by brendan | 5 Posts

thank you Randa, that first pic is exactly the same as our Eriba so I think we will be looking to replace that entire bunk unit with a replacement dinette. I'll have to get sleuthing to see what I can discover! If anyone has any leads then please do let me know.

thanks again,

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:31 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.317 Posts

Brendan, I believe the first photo is a genuine factory fit.
As winter is upon us and most folk do not use the van [I know some diehards do] I would try the route of seeing if anybody wants a front end swap.
You should be able to swap with owners of Familia 310, Triton 430 and Troll 540.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Randa france, Simboc2004 and brendan like this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:57 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Brendon. The removal of the bunk should be quite easy because if you study the two pictures below, bunk or no bunk, you've still got the vertical bulkead with cubby holes and probably the obtuse angle vee shaped shelf below the front windows.

triton 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)triton 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

The locker boxes that you use for seats are so easy to build; see rough diagram. The two bench seats and the two narrow backrests lie down side by side and the front table with knuckle leg folds and fits under them hooking into another piece of aluminium table rail screwed horizontally to the lower bulkhead between the locker boxes and the knuckle leg itself for stability.

locker box.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Simboc2004, HDI163 and brendan like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 52 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12529 topics and 105710 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1