Eriba GT410 Triton Caravan – off grid version with wood burning stove & solar 2002 £8,500

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:20 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/ite...erce_attachment

I don't normally share Facebook Ads for Eribas but I felt obliged to share this one as I wanted to "borrow" the pics showing the Wood Burning Stove The ad will disappear soon but the pics I've "borrowed" will remain.

The seller says:- Purchased last year – mostly kept indoors up until this year hence in very good condition – lived in for past 6 months and converted (mostly) to off-grid living - change of circumstances, hence, now selling. Needs a few tweaks. Installed a wood burning stove (needs insulating inside and outside have extra steel components to extend the chimney).

wood 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)wood 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:21 am | Scroll up

RE: Eriba GT410 Triton Caravan – off grid version with wood burning stove & solar 2002 £8,500

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:22 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.317 Posts

That wood burner fitting is truly frightening. The caravan will, not could, catch fire.
In our previous 4 houses I have installed open fires and wood burners. On the last installation I had the burner 200mm away from the back wall and 300mm away from the side wall in the corner of the lounge. I clad the brick and plastered walls with Hardie Backer cement board, that should also be used in shower cubicles instead of plasterboard. The wall became so hot you could not touch it.
If anybody is interested, then they should go to there local planning office portal and look up "Document J"

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Randa france, Eevee, Pepι Le Pew and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Eriba GT410 Triton Caravan – off grid version with wood burning stove & solar 2002 £8,500

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:34 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Same here. How does it stay in position when towing?

We had one installed in our home last year. Lots of safety issues to adhere to.

A neighbour of ours used to borrow a mid sized campervan that had a pot belly stove fitted. I never got to see it apart from the chimney sticking out through the roof
R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:35 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:05 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

These little stoves are commonly installed in canvas bell tents. A purpose built hole is cut into the canvas with a heat proof lining and the chimney is pushed through it.

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:46 pm

Possibly so, but the burner would sit in a far larger floor area than your Eriba and not be so close to a fixed combustible material, the tent is not insulated and so would loose heat quickly, the volumn of the tent is greater and so more able to get rid of any heat and the flue would be taller and also able to get rid of the heat.

The burner in that Eriba is dangerous.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Pepι Le Pew and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:20 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:29 pm
by Islay | 216 Posts

stove.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)It not only looks really dangerous but imagine the heat given off - you'd have to flee outdoors! Our woodburner has great hollow metal plates around to protect the walls.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:54 am
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

Looking on the net for such stoves (as Steve and Debbie have righty said) which are designed to be used in *Bell* tents, the warning of use states :

We accept no responsibility for the use or misuse of the stove . We recommend this for use only with a fire retardant canvas tent, tipi or yurt alongside a suitable flashing kit for installing in a canvas shelter. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the shelter used has the appropriate fire retardant qualities necessary. We advise not to leave stoves unattended and to make sure it has been extinguished prior to sleeping. Always make sure the stove is stood on something fire retardant, as accidental sparks may go straight through the groundsheet. We do not accept any liability for loss or damage incurred by use of the stove howsoever caused.

It is an incredibly ill-advised installation to my mind...

Last edited Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:54 am | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:20 am
by dinky | 211 Posts

this one is designed for boats and trailers https://cubicminiwoodstoves.com/collecti...mini-wood-stove
there is extra wall shields floor stand to buy. the reviews suggest fitted to an air stream. and a van
the one currently in eriba imho is too big for space its supposed to have the fire proof hearth at least the width of the door when open. there is supposed to be some fire retard behind & side,
https://www.tinywoodstove.com/ apparently sells a chimney attachment for road.
https://www.tinywoodstove.com/vinces-stu...ion-wood-stove/

Last edited Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:33 am | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:25 pm

I've noticed it is now on at £5,500, so probably at a price where the burner issue could be addressed.

Colin

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 47 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12529 topics and 105710 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0