Troll 530 Bed Sizes

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:49 am
by 2eZero | 16 Posts

Hi Folks

I've got a 2018 Troll 530 3 berth. The bed at the back is the larger one, with the small single at the front.

When the bed is setup, by moving the cusions around, is that known as a 'Transverse bed' ?

In the catalogue for the caravan from Eriba it lists:

"Fixed Bed, Transverse Bed" "Queen-size bed, Fold Down Bed" & "Twin Beds"

As my large bed can be converted back to seating can I take it that I'm in the category of 'Queen Size Bed, Fold Down Bed'??

Its 114cm long (lengthways to the van) and 198cm wide. There is a 26cm x 198cm section in the curve that is adjacent to the very back of the caravan but I take it this is not used for measurements for fitted sheets?

The 'queen' is a 190x120. So larger on one side and smaller on the other.

So this puts this into custom territory. Or am I missing something, such as preferring to use a topper with a standard size?

I've not even measured the 'single' yet :o

I don't find the beds especially uncomfortable to require a topper yet, but I think as a 2018 van it's also still reasonably new.

Could I have some advice please? What would you reccomend?

Scroll up

RE: Troll 530 Bed Sizes

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:46 am
by Randa france | 12.872 Posts

Yes, both beds in the Troll 530 are transverse beds or cross sleepers. as opposed to the long sleepers or Langschläfers in the 540.

We've always considered our crossbed to be a standard double bed width of 140 cm including the curved back cushion and in the case of your newish Troll which is 100mm wider in the body, the length should be a standard 200cm.

The front grand single on the 530 will be the same length but the width is around 100cm which is too big for a single and far too short in width for a double.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

2eZero likes this post!
Last edited Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:00 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:49 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.001 Posts

The space for the bed is the same, whether you have the fixed bed option or the lounge that makes up into a double bed. The lounge benches in a 530 aren't really usable as singles as they're only 4ft or so long. The 535, 550 and Triton 430 have similar lounge/fixed double options. Many Touring van internals use modular bits that are identical but just moved around the interior to ring the changes.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
2eZero likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:48 pm
by 2eZero | 16 Posts

So I will have to get custom size fitted sheets on the measurements I’ve got.

Alternatively, is it better off getting something like a queen topper and putting a sheet on that?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:55 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.308 Posts

We are on our 5th Eriba. We have had every combination of a crossways rear double bed, either permanent or made up double, in 2m and 2.1m wide vans
We have always used a 50mm foam mattress topper, NOT memory foam as it gets hot, and use a standard double fitted sheet.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
2eZero likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:20 pm
by 2eZero | 16 Posts

Thank you, that sounds like a viable solution.

All of the stuff that I’ve seen for custom size sheets, put them in the quite expensive bracket. ie £40-£70 per sheet.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:39 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.458 Posts

We have a Troll 530, we use standard double sized bedding which is fine. No need for custom IMHO 😁

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
2eZero likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:22 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.001 Posts

We've used a pair of these https://www.duvalay.co.uk/duvalay-luxury-sleeping-bags ever since we bought them at the Peterborough Motorhome Show in Spring 2007. They're fine for single or double beds. easy to get in and out of, don't feel at all constrictive and just roll up to put away, or can be left out and covered with a throw if you want. They've sort of developed them a bit since '07 when there was just one thickness of topper, though you could have summer or winter weight duvet. The summer weight has been fine for us. They're expensive to start with but, so far each has cost us about a fiver a year.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
2eZero likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:30 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

We have the 540 with the longer beds that Randa mentions above. We have to have King size sheets to fit it when we use it as a large double b ut think that you would get away with a double as suggested above.

However as to the Duvalays suggested - which we believe do make a big difference in comfort at night - we only bought two singles.which we then put under a king size fitted sheet. We put one in each "half" of the bed and sleep on top of them. They don't cover the width of the entire mattress but we have found that unnecessary. We both sleep really well in this set up. You might be able to do the same with your 530 and save a bit of money.

As to the bed at the front, we don't use this unless our grandchildren are staying with us. I sleep on this with a woolen blanket underneath me and sleep in one of our own children's old lightweight sleeping bags. again I sleep like a log on this set up.

It has another advantage in that my head is against the back wall of the bathroom and I can pretend to still be asleep when the grandchildren, who sleep with their granny in the double bed, start to wake up about 7.00 in the morning and want amusing.........!

Good luck with whatever you chose

MikeT

2eZero likes this post!
Last edited Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:31 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105656 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0