Oh dear, oops

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:46 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

About 12.15 lunchtime today, spotted on the A30 heading east, not far short of turning for Exeter. Who owns a Familia and leaves the pop top up when towing fairly briskly?

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

RE: Oh dear, oops

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:56 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

If the wind was behind it perhaps he was using it as a sail?
R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
scouteralf likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:52 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

This photo off Facebook group was posted 2 months after leaving factory. Another on a 2017 Familia and others on older vans.

download.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Steve

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:32 am
by Islay | 215 Posts

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:09 pm
by 2eZero | 16 Posts

The only option I can think of, if the clamps holding the roof down breaks, is to use something like a ratchet strap around the entire caravan. You'd have to be careful with the straps and rotate the straps as they pass down the sides (or the wind catching them and letting the slap against the side will damage it) and not crank it too tight.

But I certainly wouldn't want to tow the Eriba with the top up.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:25 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

It happened to me once with my old Puck, the back managed to pop up whilst travelling, it must have bounced and flicked off the clamps. Luckily there was no damage.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:45 pm
by Old Rocker | 493 Posts

Guilty I'm afraid, in Cornwall one year I was distracted and forgot to fasten the front hooks. We arrived at Tintagel site to find we had travelled between sites with the front of the roof up. I blamed the wife, at least there was peace and quiet for the rest of the holiday, she wasn't speaking to me🤒

2022 Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Now all he believes are his eyes, and his eyes they just tell him lies
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:57 am
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

Not wishing to sound smug, and I am not the originator of the idea which is often mentioned on here, I have a 'departure check list' which I go through every time. I am not proud to admit that it has prevented blushes as I drive away on more than one occasion. Check lists are a good thing, it is why pilots use them....

Simboc2004 and John Cross like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:57 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

I agree with you about lists Cabbie - I hate lists but Kath is an expert at them and her lists have prevented many a minor disaster as we set up or down with our Troll..........!!

I am the impatient one who thinks he has checked everything in his head but has forgotten to do something - fortunately consequences have not been disastrous, so far that is

MikeT

Simboc2004 and John Cross like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:59 am
by Islay | 215 Posts

We each have our own jobs and we literally don't speak to each other while we get ready....... have to stay concentrated LOL.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 44 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105684 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2