Vin Plate on a Troll 530 GT = where is it?

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:16 pm
by Mike Graham | 2 Posts

Hello
We're in the process of registering our 2000 Eriba Troll GT 530 with CRiS.

We've submitted all the information they require, including a photo of the chassis plate, but they are now asking for a photo of the Vin Plate (We've given them the Vin number.

The caravan is in store at the moment and we don't have access to it until next month - but we can't recall seeing it in the front locker which is where they suggest it is - or anywhere else for that matter.

There is a plate on the outside - near the door but we don't think that has the Vin on it, it's concerned with weights.

We'd be very grateful fo any help or advice - especially form anyone else who has registered an imported Eriba.

Thanks. Mike

Scroll up

RE: Vin Plate on a Troll 530 GT = where is it?

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:21 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Mike, the plate you want information off is the one on the outside of the van near the entrance door. On later vans, possibly 2010/11 onwrads and definitely 2014 onwards Hymer/Eriba did put a plate inside the gas locker.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:40 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

CRiS don't recognise Foreign made vans with a different registration sequence to UK made vans hence the reason they've disregarded the information you've already given them.

That's also the reason they charge owners of Foreign made caravans including Eribas around £50 more for the "benefit" of joining them. Many people are unsure of the "benefits" of joining this Private company although even at the inflated cost of joining it's still not a lot if it puts your mind at rest.

This is a typical VGN plate which is found outside the Eriba low down next to the door. (not my plate by the way )

Eriba VGN plate.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:49 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:00 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.004 Posts

VIN number layout wasn't regulated 'til the mid 2000's so before then companies tended to use their own numbering systems. CRIS will be used to handling the now normal internationally agreed standard numbering and anything outside that will be beyond their recent experience.

CRIS is a subsidiary of the NCC which is the UK caravan industry' trade association. All UK caravan makers are members of NCC and a condition of membership is that all their new vans are registered to CRIS.

Continental van companies aren't usually NCC members, though Adria have been for a decade or more. As such if owners wish to register on CRIS they have to organise it themselves.

It's probably true to say that the older a caravan gets the less likely it is to have accurate information about its ownership on the CRIS database as changes of ownership over the years fail to get registered.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:07 pm
by Mike Graham | 2 Posts

Many Thanks to all of you who have responded so quickly.

I can see (in my mind's eye) the plate riveted to the outer skin, near the door.

But I thought that ours only had information about weights on it. I took a photo of it, years ago, ad will have to try and dig that out.

Thanks again everyone.

Cheers. Mike

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 45 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105684 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2