It's ACSI time.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:12 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

We had our 2024 books etc through the post this morning.

Spot the difference:- acsi 2023.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)2023 acsi 2024.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)2024

Yep, you've got it. The cost of campsites has moved up from 13 to 23 euros to 13 to 27 euros. Strangely, on our new books, it's 13 to 27 euros yet on the photo ad above it's 15 to 27 euros.

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:15 pm | Scroll up

RE: It's ACSI time.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:05 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.314 Posts

I'm looking forward to ours arriving. It looks like 2024 has been live on the website for a few days as I've looked up our sites for next year to get prices. June for Euro 17 on the Isle de Oleron and The Loire looks very good, especially when you compare with a May booking for £40 at C&MC Tewksbury site.
Can you remember if it's just selected campsites that can be booked over the web.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:18 pm

I've just got mine. They have introduced a new system where the card is loose, not in the book, and has a unique code that has to be registered on line.
It looks like the App is not accessible until January when you have received e-mail notification, as in previous years if I remember correctly.
In answer to my own question about booking campsites over the web, only a few have this option available. In the past I've typically e-mailed sites directly with a scan of my card to get the reduced price when booking.

Colin.

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:48 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

Just about to order ours.
We’re off to the Pyrenees nextJune after quite a while; when we used to go outside the main holidays there was no need to book - has that changed in recent years?

Steve.

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling a Troll 530.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:56 am

Steve, I thought the same when away for 6 weeks in NL over June 2022. Initially I did not book any sites but I think we got to about February and when checking availability I was amazed to see so few pitches available. As we wanted to stay for typically 10 days on each site I booked and it was a good job I did. If you only wanted a few days on site this would not have been a problem, unless it falls on a public holiday.
For 2024 I'm going to book our 2 week pitch on the Isle de Oleron and have already booked our Loire pitch for the following 2 weeks. The later one I've done as it is a riverside pitch. When we left that campsite in Sept this year only 3 or 4 of these desirable pitches were still available for our June 2024 visit.

Roger will probably say "wing it", because he is young and free in spirit and enjoys living on the edge.

Colin

Inspecta_Gadget likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:51 am

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Inspecta_Gadget likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:29 am

Quote: Inspecta_Gadget wrote in post #4
Just about to order ours.
We’re off to the Pyrenees nextJune after quite a while; when we used to go outside the main holidays there was no need to book - has that changed in recent years?

Steve.

Certainly, with campsites on the way to the South I would just "wing it" as Colin says and also it depends on where in the Pyrenees you are aiming for Steve?

There are many nice campsites there and they should be still quiet in June. It won't harm to book one however if you want peace of mind.

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:13 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

I remember our first trip to Montreal- Bellamy near Lourdes in 2002 (we were camping then) - I phoned the site and they were surprised that we wanted to make a booking at all.

The following year we visited with our first caravan and turned up at 10pm after driving from Caen in one day. I’ve learned a lot since then!

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling a Troll 530.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:38 pm

Fortunately our days of the long one day hauls are now hopefully over as retirement has set in and we split our journey.
I remember in 2003 we took our Eriba abroad for the first time, Westcliff on sea in Essex to Bourg en Bresse, about 560 miles. Unfortunately this did not turn out to be an isolated incident with Essex to Millau and the Dordogne, along with Merseyside to The Loire all seeing 650 mile drives in one day. Only once did I think I'd bitten off more than I should have as our journey finished at night time instead of the usual mid-day.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:09 pm
by Old Rocker | 493 Posts

Had a short tour around Normandy last June/July without booking in advance, With the exception of 1 site, the complet sign was up each night at the other 3. At the 1st site they offered us 1 night, next day if we moved pitch we could stay 3 more, we booked our othe sites after that.

2022 Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Now all he believes are his eyes, and his eyes they just tell him lies

Last edited Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:11 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105692 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0