Kool Classics ad.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:47 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Too Kool! Introducing the perfect pair for your next journey: The Nugget Gold Eriba Touring and the all-electric VW BUZZ!

Buzz.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Note Towing Weight. VW say:-https://www.vwpress.co.uk/en-gb/releases/5022

The Eriba Touring in stunning Nugget Gold is not just a caravan – it's a statement of style and luxury on wheels. With its sleek design and top-notch features, it promises a travel experience like no other.
And now, meet its perfect companion – the all-electric VW BUZZ! Silent, sustainable, and oh-so-stylish, the BUZZ is ready to power your adventures with zero emissions.

Imagine cruising down scenic routes, surrounded by nature, knowing you're leaving nothing but memories and no carbon footprint behind. The Eriba Touring and VW BUZZ are redefining the travel game, combining classic charm with cutting-edge technology.

It's not just a road trip; it's a lifestyle upgrade! Tag your adventure squad and let them know – the ultimate road trip experience just got a golden upgrade! #NuggetGoldEribaTouring #VWBUZZAdventure #ElectricRoadTrip #eriba #hymer #TravelInStyle

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:58 pm | Scroll up

RE: Kool Classics ad.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:32 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

So it looks like Hymer/Eriba are still advertising theoretically illegal tow vehicle combinations.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:08 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

Well I suppose it could be argued that the Familias (3XX) vans just creep into the Buzz towing limit of 10O0kg with their standard MTPLM of 900kg (310) and 1000kg (320) but if you started adding factory options you'd quickly need to upgrade the MTPLM above those amounts.

Of course there is the clutching at straws argument that the manufacturers towing limit is not a legal limit, it's what the manufacturer warrants the car for. The legal limit is the train weight, so you are not breaking the law unless the combined weights of car and van exceed that train weight limit. Provided you are prepared for VW telling you their warranty is voided because it's towed a heavier weight than their limit and provided the car hasn't been loaded to it's GVW then legally the towing limit can be exceeded.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.

Last edited Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:08 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:14 am
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

One of our Facebook members hired a Buzz for a week and said and I quote:-

"....... it's definitely not a car I'd be willing to use for towing nor even for travelling - mostly due to very high weight and inefficient drivetrain."

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:51 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

I can understand that they'd be heavy, due to the batteries, but that's normally a stability advantage if talking caravan pulling.

I wonder what was meant by an inefficient drive train given that it's probably as efficient as most BEVs. Of course the range will reduce if towing but MPG reduces on ICE cars on the same basis. Lack of battery capacity/range isn't a sign of inefficiency, but is a sign of lack of utility.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 31 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105690 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1