2024 Insurance - prices gone down?

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:58 am
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

I've started the search for my insurance due next month. It came a a surprise in that prices actually seem lower than last year. It's difficult for me to do a direct comparison as I changed van part way through the year. I initially thought about dropping to replacement/market value and not new for old as there are a lot of newer vans for sale at reduced prices.
Grove & Dean [current insurer] came in at £260 for £22k + £1K personal effect, £2K equipment, £500 awning, legal cover, 30 days Europe, £150 voluntary x/s
Lifesure [previous insurer] quoted £200 for same with a £150 x/s, but then I changed to £28K new for old instead and it came in at £212.
These quotes are for kept at home on driveway with hitch lock and wheel lock/clamp, no further security measures.
In previous years £10 per £1000 seemed to be a very good result, so these quotes look promising.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:58 am | Scroll up

RE: 2024 Insurance - prices gone down?

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:44 pm
by Captain Calamity | 342 Posts

One other consideration is to check how long the insurer allows for a European trip particularly if you are in the habit of a longish winter “escape the cold” trip. I’ve found that the two main underwriters treat those differently. LV (who underwrite Ripe for example) limit each trip to around 30 days. Aviva (who underwrite Grove and Dean, my insurer) allow unlimited length trips within an overall time allowance. Worth checking the fine print as these differences are not always made clear.

Last edited Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:45 pm | Scroll up

RE: 2024 Insurance - prices gone down?

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:29 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

I've ticked the 30 days required box, but you can choose up to the 180 days maximum.

Colin

I forgot to say the Caravan & Motorhome Club wanted between £650 and £750, depending upon a few tick boxes. I wonder how many owners insure with them?

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:58 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 51 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105684 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3