Matching ‘wood’ panels

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:07 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

Hi all,
I’ve been looking at the threads regarding veneer and plastic trim, but has anyone tried to buy a wooden panel for a recent-ish Eriba?

I’m thinking a wardrobe door or similar, as I want to add a removable shelf and would like it to match.
Has anyone tried to order such an item via the dealers?

Alternatively, has anyone removed their bathroom door and need a good home for it?🤪

Ours is a 2021 troll with a mid-brown paper-veneer finish.

Steve.

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling a Troll 530.
Scroll up

RE: Matching ‘wood’ panels

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:21 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Steve, if it's a removable shelf and I'm guessing inside a cupboard, does it really have to be an exact match?

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:18 pm

It’s going on the outside Colin,

We actually need a TV bracket, but I’m loath to be drilling holes in the side of the wardrobe.
There’s a small gap between the wardrobe and the wall cupboards to the rear of our 530, so I intend to make a removable board to slide in there.
I’ll add a photo after the weekend.

We have found that there are few convenient places to put a tv in a 530 (the one without fixed bed) so I’m hoping this will work out.

My backup plan is to find a contrasting colour such as the creamy colour on the roof. (This could be a vinyl then)

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling a Troll 530.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:50 pm

Is your 530 a fixed bed model? If not then have a look here, second from end photo :- I've a Feeling I use a stainless steel bar handle under one of the cabinets at the foot end of the bed to hang a TV from. The power and co-axial outlet are under the bed.
I used the idea initially on my fixed bed 430. On this I added a co-axial outlet and 12v power point inside the top corner locker:- Triton 430 - 2017 - WITHDRAWN - sold to a dealer Look at pictures 5,6 and 7.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:03 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:13 pm

Thanks for that Colin, I’d forgotten your solution - I’ll have a think about that.👍

While I was looking at the photos, I noticed your neat ikea(?) basket under the sink; what size was it, and did it work well for you?

Steve.

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling “Little Flo”, a Troll 530.

Last edited Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:16 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:20 pm

Steve, I think the drawer was this one :- https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/komplement-...white-10257306/
I remember that by fitting a strip of 18mm thick plywood to the inside of the cabinet on both sides, the drawer runners could be fitted to the plywood and give a perfect width for the metal basket drawer. The problem was the drawer was very deep and needed to be cut back [a bit of a pain], along with drawer runners [fairly easy]
I worked out how deep I could go on the drawer and then cut a piece of 12mm birch plywood to profile for a replacement drawer back. I dropped this inside the drawer, screwed through the metal mesh sides and base and then cut away the back of the drawer with tin snips.I also needed to make a couple of stops so the drawer could not be pulled out fully.
If I'd bought another Touring I would have repeated the job as it was worth the faffing about. I did plan to do a similar drawer arrangement on my Feeling, but the height I needed was not available.

Colin

Last edited Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:22 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:33 pm
by Rickys Rav | 73 Posts

How about doing something like this - panel is an old kitchen door stained to match (almost) the other interior panels and just hangs off of the top of the wardrobe using some 'U' shaped brackets fabricated from stainless steel sheet. Swivel and tilt bracket is bolted to the panel.Screenshot_20240117_172135_Facebook.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) The whole thing including TV just gets taken off when travelling.

Troll 540GT dragged kicking and screaming by Volvo XC60 D3 R-design AWD

Last edited Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:35 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:34 pm

That’s the kind of thing I was thinking of!
Must admit though, I’m still impressed by Colin’s solution.

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling “Little Flo”, a Troll 530.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:27 am

You are so kind. I must admit the hanging panel works a treat as well. I made a version in birch plywood many years ago for our first Eriba, but it had a disc shelf at the bottom and not a TV bracket. I used to sit a small rotary fan on it and then hang it over the side of the wardrobe.

Colin

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 52 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105684 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0