Jazz em up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:02 am
by Randa france | 12.872 Posts

C.mon all you Silver Eriba owners and Land Rover luvvers. Jazz em up.

Guess this lady from Finland's favourite colour. ( she is Sanna Leinonen and is just about to embark on a 2 month tour of Southern Europe).

Sanna Leinonen.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Sanna Leinonen 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Islay likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Jazz em up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:38 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

I think that works, but I would say that as I've got a pair of Croc's that colour.
Do you think she should spin the jockey wheel around 180 degrees?

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:41 pm
by Randa france | 12.872 Posts

I thought you'd like that Colin. So do I.

Yes, don't know that it matters but I always have the jockey wheel pointing towards the rear.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
scouteralf likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:50 pm

I was taught to have it pointing backwards as it could be raised higher for better ground clearance and sit inside the underneath of the fairing. I think also as it is enclosed in the fairing it is less likely to rotate down whilst travelling. although this has happened to me.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:34 pm

Update.
I have never had a jockey wheel drop on me since I started towing trailer tents then caravans in about 1999. When I collected our current van, it dropped on the maiden voyage. It has done this a couple of times, even when tied up and the wheel has cut through the strap I used.
So I've looked up the instructions on my Alko Premium Jockey wheel and I cannot believe it, [as the well known phrase goes], it says the wheel should be pointing forwards, just like in the picture at the start of the thread.
Well I tried this and it does not work, but I've now realised it says you can remove the wheel by removing the spring loaded clips to improve ground clearance [took 10 seconds] and I can now strap the assembly up without the strap rubbing against any sharp edges. The top crank handle also comes off in a couple of seconds, so removing the chance of it spinning and things moving downwards.

Colin

Last edited Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:36 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:51 pm
by Simboc2004 | 650 Posts

That's interesting and definitely one to keep an eye on - I followed your good review of the Alko Premium and picked up a second hand one for my Triton. It has been excellent and I travel with it tucked neatly up under the fairing with no dropping issues (yet!). The removable winding handle is an excellent feature - making it a bit harder to nick the caravan when travelling, or on site. I did renew the Alko clamp assembly from a two bolt one to a four bolt, hoping for less flex when manoeuvring the caravan around on site. The handle for this pivots (unlike on the original two bolt clamp) and is a bit of a pain, but it seems to tighten up nice and firmly.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105658 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3