Dometic Pro Poled Windbreak

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:27 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

Just a year old and only erected twice.

Windbreak 3
Windbreak Gate
Windbreak 1

All complete in Dometic bags with full instructions, pegs etc.

A lot of accessory shops are out of stock at present.

New cost £320, yours for £250.

Near Keele Uni. between Stoke and Crewe

Please PM if interested

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

RE: Dometic Pro Poled Windbreak

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:45 am
by John Watson | 6 Posts

SDA selling it will reduce your noseweight even more 😂

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:27 pm

I'm thinking of putting bricks in a sack in the front instead.

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
John Watson likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:49 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

Don't forget the sand and cement so you can build the wall to replace that windbreak.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
John Watson likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:23 pm

Mrs SDA insisted that we should have a windbreak, though we've never had on in 16 previous years of leisure vehicles, including the two Eribas. We did have a metal grille puppy pen which we used with our campervans.

We bought some of it in mid '22 and the rest in early '23 but we've been away 77 nights in those two years and never found a reason to use it.

So it makes sense to make it available to someone who can use it.

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:12 am
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

I commend you on being able to persuade Mrs SDA to let you put them up for sale so quickly. When we started with a trailer tent and set off for France back in 1999 I was told we needed a windbreak, and not a cheap one.
A very nice tartan[ish] style canvas job was duly bought. It has 7 metal capped hardwood poles with metal spikes. It even has an awning corded end section to slot in a caravan awning channel. It cost a small fortune.
It has never been used and I'm still trying to get permission to sell it.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Steamdrivenandy and Inspecta_Gadget like this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:38 am
by John Watson | 6 Posts

I’m amused you bought in 2022 and then bought additional pieces in 2023 but only used twice in 2 years!
Maybe Mrs SDA doesn’t like erecting it ( or find it easy) or as you didn’t want it anyway, you vote with your feet and just don’t erect it! Mind the type of awning you are selling does need two people to put it up……OR a maybe Mrs SDA doesn’t know you are selling itI

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:30 pm

We initially purchased the windbreak 3, which is fine if you want to confine a small space and don't need an entrance, or if you're happy to have a wide open side.

One of our main reasons for buying was to confine the dog whilst still having access to outside. The tiny space provided by the '3' in stockade configuration just wasn't worth having. So we purchased a gate, for access/egress and to use the gate you have to have at least one panel either side, hence the '1'. That now provides a decent size stockade.

However we've since realised that the dog isn't keen on leaving the van/awning (neurotic and rheumatoidy), unless on a lead, so our fears of her wandering off have been alleviated.

We may revert to using the puppy pen as per pic

20190921_144548.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Last edited Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:34 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 60 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105708 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2