Wanted a protect winter cover for a 540

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:27 am
by Woody126 | 16 Posts

Hi, has anyone got a Protec winter cover for a 540 2023 model sitting around that they don't want/use.

Last edited Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:22 pm | Scroll up

RE: Wanted a protect winter cover for a 540

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:42 am
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

John, the 540 cover came in two heights, the later from 2010 being for the taller vans. It would be a good idea to let members know the year of your van.
If you do not have any luck I can recommend the Kampa range. They do a generic range that I've used for several years. They also did an Eriba specific model but I cannot remember when I last saw these advertised and in stock.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:24 pm
by Woody126 | 16 Posts

Many thanks, year now added. Don't suppose you know the part number or size of the Kampa one.

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:29 pm

John, this shows the generic Kampa cover on a 2017 Triton, and I believe it might fit the Troll body length as you have extra material available on the width. If you have a look at the last photo then you will see the stock code and sizes.Kampa Prestige [generic] Caravan Cover These however imply it would not fit.
My current van is a Feeling, with a 486cm long body x 217cm width. I bought the 14'-17' model, which is 4.25 -5.20 m and stock code 9120001938. Your Troll has a body size of 471cm long x 210cm width so I think this would be a better option if you cannot get the elusive model specific Kampa model that I cannot find online.
As with any generic cover there is some compromise. I've found over winter I wrap extra straps around the waist of the van and tuck all the excess fabric in tight for the winter gales. For the rest of the year when the van is in use I simply keep the cover thrown over the van and find I can unzip the corner to gain access.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:12 pm

I've found the Eriba specific model, in stock and on offer. https://www.attwoolls.co.uk/kampa-eriba-...r-troll-feeling
It looks like it is suitable for the 530 and 540 as the roll up area for door access is double width.

Colin

Inspecta_Gadget likes this post!
Last edited Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:14 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:15 am
by Woody126 | 16 Posts

Many thanks Colin, I will have a look.

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:28 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

Thanks Colin,
Picked up a troll cover and going to try it this weekend.👍

Next job is to cut down the old One to make a roof cover to keep green bits out of the gutter seals. -Elastic and a draw-cord planned.

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling “Little Flo”, a Troll 530.
eribaMotters likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 41 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105684 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1