RE: Hello from Portugal

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:53 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Hi Valdemar. Sorry for the mix up. Glad it's all sorted and welcome back
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:55 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:47 am
by Valdemar Cabral | 4 Posts

I also have some concerns about the rear mounted spare wheel but I can't give you a final thought at this stage.
I only did 200 km from the place I bought it to where it's parked now. Everything was normal to me. Sometimes I forgot I was towing a caravan.
The wheel weighs 13,5 kg and when and I took it off I only noticed a small change in the nose weight. The caravan is still empty. I have the intention to place two bikes in the front and this may compensate the spare wheel.
Originally the wheel was mounted bellow the caravan, but the previous owner changed it to the rear in order to have a better access.
From 2005 to 2008 I guess some Eriba models came with a rear spare wheel. I don't know why they stopped doing it.
In conclusion, first I have to know better this new toy, have it full equipped for traveling, and after some kms on the road I will give you a better answer.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:55 pm

When you consider the number of Eriba owners who carry their bikes on the back (illegal to do so in Portugal) then the wheel in a Hymer approved bracket and cover shouldn't be of any concern.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Valdemar Cabral and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:06 am
by Simboc2004 | 654 Posts

That's interesting - are there other countries that don't allow rear mounted bikes? Are you allowed a rear carrier if no bikes on it? I know you have to have a red/white warning board at the back if carrying bikes in Italy as did that on a previous Triton.

I'm about to add a rear carrier - I already have a front bike mounting and intend to balance the load with one bike forwards and one at the rear. With the intention of swapping to electric bikes this seems sensible due to the extra weight... And there's no way I'm lifting them onto a roof rack

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 DSCN9704.JPG 

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:15 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:56 am

As far as I'm aware Simon, it's only Portugal and I'm not sure if they heavily enforce the law. Perhaps Valdemar could advise?

Randa

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:39 am
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

Simon,
I've sent you an e-mail, so thread does not go off track.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:40 am | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 17 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105705 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4