RE: servicing eriba

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:15 am
by Simboc2004 | 650 Posts

Our real problem is that the East of England has no Eriba dealers/service agents. Our nearest, I think, is Kool Classics in Sussex - 106 miles away.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:25 pm
by Old Rocker | 491 Posts

Am I correct in thinking the 6 year warranty is for water ingress only?
I don't recollect seeing or being told otherwise when we picked the new van up in 2022

2022 Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Now all he believes are his eyes, and his eyes they just tell him lies
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:47 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

You are correct. I was told you do not need to have a service every year, but you must have the water ingress test done.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:04 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

Quote: Old Rocker wrote in post #17
Am I correct in thinking the 6 year warranty is for water ingress only?
I don't recollect seeing or being told otherwise when we picked the new van up in 2022

The first two years also includes mechanical and electrical items,

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:04 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

Latest news on the servicing front in Clitheroe.......

Life can be strange at times can't it? After all these discussions I still had half a mind to make the long trek to Tebay as we were happy with ALs servicing of our Troll. However I injured myself playing League Table Tennis at the end of last year and despite two visits to a phsyio things seemed to be getting worse. I contacted a Sports Injury Therapist for advice and she had a cancelation next day that I jumped at (well more like hopped at really)

When we came out Kath spotted a beautiful little Puck sitting outside a workshop about 20 feet away. We wandered over to have a look and it turns out to be a caravan servicer that a neighbour once mentioned to me. To cut a long story short we got chatting and he services a fair number of Eribas every year. In fact he was the chap that serviced Tony Lloyd's caravans from Barrowford that Mark mentioned above.

His oppo came in and he knew Mike from AL and the Tebay set up.. They were very busy but we managed to fit in our annual service for our Troll in early May.

It is literally 5 minutes drive from our house. ...............!

The proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say but he seemed to know what he was talking about. Bit sad not to be using AL anymore and stopping at Meathop Fell site but life moves on

Will report back in May

MikeT

eribaMotters, Poptop320, scouteralf and Markeriba like this post!
Last edited Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:08 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105661 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2