Low flame Dometic hob

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:58 pm
by Old Rocker | 491 Posts

Well, on our 2nd outing and something else has cropped up.
Just had the van serviced hob worked fine last 3 nights, tonight both hobs lit but the flame is really low when full on. Gas running out says I, changed over to new full bottle (propane) and still the same problem. Any thoughts?
The stir fry was very crunchy to say the least!
Thank you

2022 Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Now all he believes are his eyes, and his eyes they just tell him lies
Scroll up

RE: Low flame Dometic hob

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:33 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

Sounds like the regulator. Could you try another appliance to confirm this, easiest being the gas heater. Two things spring to mind, the first is probably not relevant as your van is new. The bulkhead regulator can get an oily deposit build up if it is mounted low and bottle hoses are higher than it.
Second point is I think John E might have mentioned the regulators fitted are generally not very good and prone to problems. A forum and general internet search could hopefully confirm this and come up with a suitable replacement.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Old Rocker likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:28 pm

Thanks Colin, rooting about in the locker I found a black threaded cap, it was apparent where it had come from so I have screwed it back into place. Also I find after trawling t'interweb there is a yellow button which can be pressed to reset the reg. Will have a fiddle in the morning in the light

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:32 pm

The yellow button needs to be pressed when you turn the gas back on at the isolator. If you are lucky this might be the cause of your problem, but from my own experience failing to press it has meant no gas getting through to appliances..

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:40 am

Had a play around this morning couldn't find this fabled yellow button, now no gas to any appliance, looks like you are correct Colin, thank you. Now to see if we can get somebody out to us next stop Winchester for 2 nights so fingers crossed.
Failing that it's Halfords for a small camping stove seeing as how we forgot to put the Remoska in!

Last edited Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:43 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:32 pm

On your gas hose is there a green button you can press. I think is a rupture protection device and not on all hoses.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:04 pm

Correct Colin I have one of those hoses but the hose in use is just the old style hose and connectors.
I have booked a local engineer for when ee get home and speaking to him tonight he echoed John E opinion of the type of regulator fitted!
We will be eating out for our last 2 days before we get home

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 am
by John Cross | 263 Posts

I've heard about regulator issues for many years, but never had a problem. After every use, I turn off the cylinder and run the hob until the gas runs out. Then I do it again once home, surprisingly, the hob will ignite for a few seconds.
I do this after every use and have never had issues.

2005 Troll 540 and 1994 LR Discovery 1 Fred and Diane
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105662 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0