Soplair Vendee pole layout please

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:23 pm
by Sally | 3 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Hello, please can someone help!! I have a soplair vendee awning with a bedroom extension. There are lots of poles, some weird and wonderful connectors and no instructions. Does anyone have any plans for what poles go where, how they attach to the puck and each other? I’m having a bit of nightmare with this so any suggestions welcome!! The photo is the one from eBay. I’ve not got this far yet!

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_6647.jpeg 

Scroll up

RE: Soplair Vendee pole layout please

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:42 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I managed to put my Soplalr up with this - no extension though
May be of help, Steve

solplair.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Last edited Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:42 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:40 pm
by Sally | 3 Posts

Perfect! That’s exactly what I’m after! Thanks Steve

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:26 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I only ever put up it up once

One trick I think I remember was to slide the awning into the rail first and throw it backwards over the roof, then pull it back over the assembled frame. Also be careful with the shortest pole under the apex by the van, If it gets loose while fitting it can do some damage.
Steve

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:36 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

I agree with above. Drop the pop-top, slide awning into track and throw it up over the roof. Assemble framework with outermost poles bent as if kneeling. Flop awning fabric over kneeling framework and the extend kneeling legs to upright position. Loose peg everything, tension framework, add any extra roof poles you have, re-tension and re-peg as needed. With practice you should get it down to about 20/25 minutes, and no arguements. It is a lot easier with two but do-able by yourself with practice.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:38 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105704 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2