New Eriba, first trial

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:23 pm
by Glyn0007 (deleted)

Hi, We have been caravanning for 23 years, starting with an old folding camper I bought for £200 and working up to a new British caravan we kept for 14years. Now our family are getting older and the number of births needed and space is getting less, and although I enjoy fixing and fettling and so got some pleasure from keeping our old British caravan going, there's a limit, and it was becoming a full time hobby. We have therefore bought an Eriba Touring 530 2023 from Adventure Leisure in the hope of better quality. (It would certainly struggle to be worse). I like something different and appreciate German engineering having worked there, so had been looking at this for some time.

We ordered the Eriba in February last year and took delivery in November. A long wait but worth it to get the specification exactly as we wanted it. Now finally we have ventured out last weekend on a trial trip to Sir Fon (Anglesey) to see how everything works and determine what we need/don't need. This was real test as storm Kathleen blew through with 65mph winds on the exposed island. I was a little concerned and expected to have to pull down the roof and literally batten down the hatch, but I didn't need to worry, the Eriba was rock sold and barely moved, good aerodynamics not just a benefit on the move, the roof was able to remain popped and performed really well. We slept soundly in a very comfy bed, blissfully unaware of the carnage others were suffering on the same caravan site. This caravan is an amazing piece of kit.

So far, so good then. We have planned many more trips this year and are really looking forward to them.

Glyn and Helen.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_1540.jpg 
 IMG_1542.jpg 
 IMG_1543.jpg 

Scroll up

RE: New Eriba, first trial

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:58 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Hi Glyn and Helen and welcome to Eribafolk

Any teething problems or just advice on the general quirkiness of owning an Eriba, please let us know. There are long term Eriba owners on here who'll be only too willing to help.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Glyn likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:37 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

Welcome to the forum and Eriba ownership. I'm sure you will have many happy years of ownership.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Glyn likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:47 pm
by Simboc2004 | 654 Posts

W to the Forum

Simon and Claire

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:47 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:08 pm
by Eribacamper | 109 Posts

I do like the rear end on these new models. From the lights to the rear hatch. Welcome.

Glyn likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:37 pm
by Glyn0007 (deleted)

Hi Randa,

Thanks, that's nice to know..

We're intending this to be the last caravan we ever buy and plan to keep for a long time. So, in time, hopefully I will be able to give some advice of my own.

Glyn.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:33 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

to the wonderful world of Eriba

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Glyn likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:45 pm
by granddadgrape | 1.559 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:02 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.119 Posts

Welcome to the site Glyn - your Troll looks really smart With a bit of regular love and affection I feel sure that it will last you..........our 540 is in its eighth year and still looks almost like new.

You will get bits and pieces to fettle but you sound as if you will enjoy that and, as Randa says, there are a load of people on the Forum with years of experience who will be only too happy to offer advice.

Anglesey is a great place to start your adventures. We go very year and always spot other Eribas travelling around or pitched up.

Enjoy your final caravan..........................

MikeT

Glyn likes this post!
Last edited Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:03 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:03 pm
by Islay | 216 Posts

, even though you appear to be deleted!!! The van is very pretty.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Glyn likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:30 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Quote: Islay wrote in post #10
, even though you appear to be deleted!!! The van is very pretty.

Hi Islay. Thanks for pointing that out to us.

It would appear that another member of Admin spotted that Glyn had asked to join twice, once as glyn0007 and once as Glyn so he deleted the 0007 name not realising that Glyn had already posted using that name. These double requests to join do happen quite frequently and it does cause Admin a problem if one of the requests is used by the new member before Admin spot the duplication.

I've Emailed Glyn to explain the mix up.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Glyn and Islay like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 17 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105705 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1