Eriba newbie…. Me not the Eriba, I think she’s maybe vintage….

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:57 pm
by Nette44 | 5 Posts

Thank you for having me. We are picking up our “new to us” Eriba in a couple of weeks time, we are quite excited to have her checked and get her out on the road …we have decided to give up camping but did not like the look of the big white boxes on wheels …. As soon as we saw an Eriba we fell for them but new are beyond our price range ….fingers crossed she’s aged well xx

SOULBLUESMAN68 and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Eriba newbie…. Me not the Eriba, I think she’s maybe vintage….

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:07 pm
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Hi Nette and welcome to Eribafolk.
So, do you know which model it is you are purchasing? A Puck the smallest one, a Pan, a Triton or a Troll, the biggest one?
No need to go new, there are plenty of us that have elderly ones.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Nette44 likes this post!
Last edited Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:09 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:21 pm
by Nette44 | 5 Posts

I think it’s triton, no bathroom…. Around the year 2001 ish….

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:29 pm
by granddadgrape | 1.562 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Nette44 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:36 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

, there’s a lot of ex tenters on here who couldn’t face the thought of a “wobble box”.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+

Nette44 likes this post!
Last edited Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:36 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:49 am
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Quote: Nette44 wrote in post #3
I think it’s triton, no bathroom…. Around the year 2001 ish….

Good choice. In which case it would be either a 410 or 418:-

g15p95-Triton.html#viewport

g15p101-Triton.html

The difference between them is that the 410 has two long lengthways sleeping beds to the rear that will push together to make a double and also a single crossways bed to the front.
The 418 on the other hand has a doubld crossways bed to the rear and a large single crossways bed to the front so you could, at a squeeeeze, sleep 4.

In either case, there's always room for a small Thetford Porta pottie if you think it would be handy.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Nette44 likes this post!
Last edited Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:54 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:26 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Nette and welcome to the Forum.

I'm sure that your Triton will give you lots of fun times.

We made the same decision as you in 2016 and haven't regretted it at all. with the Poptop up and the side vents open it sometimes can still feel a bit like still being in a tent, with the fresh air wafting in

Enjoy
MikeT

Nette44 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:55 pm
by Nette44 | 5 Posts

Are there any tell tale signs for damp we should look out for? We have no caravan experience ha ha x

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:35 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Damp is usually easy to detect, in fact you will probably smell it, but it can be difficult to find the point of entry as water can track along the steel framework of your Eriba. The tell tale signs will be staining of the wall boards, particularly around windows. Sometimes the sealant behind the gutter rail can fail and very occasionally the trim around the waist. Outside you need to have a crawl underneath. Light rust that will rub away with your fingers is not a problem and will be found on many vans as steel chassis has not been zinc coated. Around the bottom edge is a 20mm square section ring frame. This is the most common place to find rust. If you find holes in this and it is not to late then you need to walk away. To repair this area can be VERY expensive.
Generally Eriba's age very well, but they are not perfect and it is a good idea to have a serious poke around.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Nette44 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:03 pm
by Nette44 | 5 Posts

Thank you for that …, does the ring frame you mention run all around the van? We have been told the van has been stored inside pretty much all of its life…. But I know not everyone is truthful…,

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:02 am
by Islay | 220 Posts

Welcome. We have a 1998 triton 430 (with loo) and love her. We have fewer problems than many people with newer vans so enjoy!!!

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Nette44 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:56 am
by Simboc2004 | 658 Posts

to the Forum. We are on our third "older" Tritons. We started with a 2000 420 (with bathroom and front kitchen), then a 1999 430 (with bathroom, side kitchen and front dinette) and now a 2005 430GT (same layout as our 2nd). They have all been fabulous!

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Nette44 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3