Telescopic flag pole what size?

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:34 am
by Morphy | 966 Posts

During the recent meet at Apple Tree I liked the telescopic flag poles but what size do you get. Is there any particular size you should get.
Thanks Morphy

Eriba Puck name P4 year 2000 pushing a Honda Crv 2.2 diesel residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

RE: Telescopic flag pole what size?

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:11 am
by Agger (deleted)

Hi Morphy, they come in all sizes up to about 11m when I used to use them the most popular were about 5 or 6m To erect use a road pin? these are used by workers to put orange barrier mesh around holes in the ground, they can often be found lying around. Knock your road pin in abd slide the pole over the top, the road pin is invisible.

Use road pins, cut to size as heavy duty pegs for storm straps

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:14 am
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Thanks Agger I wondered how they managed to keep upright with little or what appeared to be little sticking in the ground. I should have taken more interest when there and asked more questions always an after thought.
Morphy

Eriba Puck name P4 year 2000 pushing a Honda Crv 2.2 diesel residing in sunny Lancashire.

Last edited Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:15 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:28 am
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

Hi Steve.
As the Jammy Doughnut man says, 5 or 6 metres is the norm. We originally had a 3 metre pole but it's hardly tall enough. Our 5 metre pole (see photograph) is adequate but if I was to buy another I'd go for 6 or maybe even 7.
Again the best way of fixing is as Agger says but they can be threaded up and into the front handle of the Eriba and tied to the handle and again to the front steady. However, the front window cannot be opened using this method and I'm not sure whether a pole greater than 5 metres will have a small enough diameter to fit into the handle.

Flag-Poles.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:29 am
by Agger (deleted)

Another tip, they usually come with a little metal ring which you attach your "object" to, these often pull out ir break I used to tape about 2" below the tip of the pole and cut it off, then I would feed some 5mm cord with a knot on the end into the pole, pull it tight against the knot and never had any problems

And another tip use a larks foot / head knot very easy, quick and efficeint way to attach and detach different wind socks

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:32 am
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Thank you Randa/Agger Morphy

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:36 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

It looks like I'm in a minority of one among Eribafolk on this as the last accessory on my 'to buy' list would be a flagpole. I just don't understand the need or desire to own one particularly when so many flagpole owners say that they go to great lengths to cut down on the non-essential stuff that they lug around with them when on holiday.

For future reference then, my Eriba will be the one without the national flags/twirling windsocks/birds of prey et al flapping about above it (or the flashing fairy-lights for that matter.)

Bah, humbug!

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:40 am
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

IMG_11662a.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:56 am

You bugger!

Oh how I wish I'd had a camera with me earlier that morning, Roger.

Remember, when you go swimming to keep a very sharp eye out for anyone carrying a harpoon.

Forum Administrator
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:58 pm
by Agger (deleted)

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #7
It looks like I'm in a minority of one among Eribafolk on this as the last accessory on my 'to buy' list would be a flagpole. I just don't understand the need particularly when so many flagpole owners say that they go to great lengths to cut down on the non-essential stuff that they lug around with them when on holiday.

We travel extremely light Compared to some I saw at the weekend

We don't take an aqua roll or waste master ( we use 2ltr water bottles for the kettle and drinking water) we don't use the sinks, and the toilet flush gets filled from an old 2ltr bottle with top cut off (this to distinguish it from the others)

We have only used our full awning twice in 8 years

Clothes !!!! Lets just say they fit in the overhead cupboards and wardrobe (well they do if I pack

Shoes !!!! I am not nor is Mrs Agger related to Imelda Marcos! Therefore 3 pairs each is sufficeint crocs are a necessity and not included in that.

We use a steamer and an induction hotplate

I carry 40m of electric cable and 15m of coax.

We use an 8" screen tv (we went to vision express far superior to them others

We have a small bluetooth speaker

We now have 2 x dukdalf chairs so they go in there own cover (thanks to Mrs Agger)

The original free standing table has been replaced with 2 cheap Morrisons picnic tables (again cover made by Mrs Agger)

We do not carry gas! Unless we plan to use it!

We replaced the useless sink cover with 2 multi use trays

Thats all folks

Last edited Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:36 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:06 pm

You forgot to list all the cleaning and polishing materials.

Forum Administrator
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:14 pm
by Agger (deleted)

They go in the car under the boot floor, you never know when you might need them!

Last edited Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:15 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:24 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

Like Morphy, I liked the poles and windsocks too . However, in the absence of anything remotely Eriba in the windsocks available on the net, I think I may have to settle for I my VW! (which I do of course).

2010 VW T5 & 2014 Triton, both in silver.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:32 pm
by Agger (deleted)

http://www.campervangift.co.uk/campervan-windsock/

https://www.lifebreeze.co.uk/shop.php?pg=cat&cat=windsocks

there are plenty of people who make there own kites and windsocks, I'm sure a quick search would have you getting what you want handmade locally

Last edited Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:36 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:39 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

I think they are just a fun thing to have put a smile on your face.
Morphy

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 14 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2