USA Scamp small caravan

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:29 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I think you can only buy these little caravans in the USA, they look like a cross of a Freedom and an Eriba caravan

https://www.scamptrailers.com/

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:33 pm | Scroll up

RE: USA Scamp small caravan

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:54 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Me likey likey except for the fact that there doesn't appear to be an awning rail (or an option for one) .

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
мы прибываем невидимые - we arrive invisible

My You Tube Channel
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:01 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Me likey likey except for the fact that there doesn't appear to be an awning rail (or an option for one)

Your right there's no awning rail it looks like a wind out sun shade is the only option

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:32 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

We were at a Campground in Florida last year where there was a "Scamp Convention" it is traditional for them to meet up and have an "Open Day" - when if the door is open you are at liberty to just 'walk in' Very interesting !

Some pics, hopefully attached, from which you will see that an awning is available (wind out !). We were in the Airstream Bambi, the smallest trailer made by Airstream.Scamps USA 1.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Scamps USA 2.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Scamps:Airstream USA 3.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Poptop320, Randa france and Eribanut like this post!
Last edited Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:07 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:42 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Love the Bambi Martin, did you rent it?

Is that a fire pit I can see to the right? Were there marshmallows?

Troll gently nudging up against a Galaxy.

Last edited Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:45 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:06 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

The Bambi belongs to Kathy's sister, who has a 'condo' in Florida, so spends some time there when not at home in the UK ! Yes a 'Fire-Pit', most Campgrounds in the US have them on each campsite (or pitch, as we call them) !

And YES this is where we learnt to make "Mores" - toasted marshmallows with chocolate digestive biscuit sandwich (chocolate side inwards so that the hot marshmallow melts the chocolate) , rather yummy and easier to eat than on a stick ! ! !

Can't wait to get back

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:14 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

Just as an aside, most American trailers don't have jockey wheels, just a 'stand' - even the biggest Airstreams - and no motor movers ! You have to learn to get the to ball placed exactly under the hitch ! try moving one of these by hand ! On the plus side most campsites are 'drive through' so little maneuvering needed to pitch !

likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0