eriba puck repair - how far do I go??

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:12 pm
by Daniel Treagus (deleted)

Hi all, I have started the repair of my eriba puck by starting to strip it down please post any advice as to what I should do as it will be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows where I can get the parts including a new door side window and all the seals and trims I would be grateful if you could let me have the details. image.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)image_2.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)image_3.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)image_4.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

RE: eriba puck repair - how far do I go??

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:22 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

You may be lucky with a caravan breakers yard for your window, or you could try Jandi caravans.

http://www.caravanbreakers.net/www.carav...t/info.php?p=11

http://www.eribacaravans.co.uk/

You can get all your seals from seals direct or Jandi caravans

http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/

This link will help you to change out the Windows and seals
Replacing window rubbers step by step guides

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:59 pm
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Hi Daniel, thanks for joining us. Just to put others in the picture, Daniel's lovely Puck was damaged as a result of someone crashing into it when it was parked up and running off without stopping.
I don't know much about these things but I dare say you've read what Mark Fitzgerald has had to do to repair his van so that should inspire you. It looks to me as though the chassis has come off unharmed so is it just a re-panelling job? I would imagine that if you really need to replace the door, that could cause a sourcing problem. Can you get away with the existing one?
Please note that the caravan breakers Poptop320 has linked is in Blaenafon which isn't that far up the road from you.
All the best with the repair and please keep us in touch with how you're getting on.
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:30 pm
by Mark Fitzgerald (deleted)

Because the skin is so rare. I would take off the centre trim and bottom trim and drill out the rivets. You can then take that section of skin off and straighten it out on a level surface. Just a matter of reattaching the skin afterwards and of course the trims. Whatever you do do not throw away the skin, they don't make that one anymore.

Mark

Randa france and like this post!
Last edited Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:27 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:55 pm

The door is fine and undamaged, I have just taken it off to get the door frame off.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:57 pm

I have got as far as taking trims off to remove the skin. The skin has split from the damage so will need to find a new piece 😬. Hopefully will have a stroke of luck somewhere. I will be replacing all rubbers as they all seem to have perished.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:24 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

you could reskin with the newer silver white, the whole eriba from jandi or AL not sure whether tebay can source
the underlay is available from the main dealers and needs to be measured

the fix may be to try pulling or pushing the dent from inside (perhaps dent doctors or similar could help) and extend the alloy stone protection to cover the damaged area and if both sides done wont be able to tell, once sealed
the stone alloy may be obtained from a large DIY place if not from main dealer

to get to rear would need to strip inside boarding out and insulation,

there is a piece of outer skin near fridge to defect heat out of the grill on ours, perhaps this may be useful for your repair
wonder if the skin could be welded

good luck and sorry to hear this has happened
a couple of you tubes links in marks thread
but I have read about a similar issue on a foreign forum twas a green and cream eriba slightly dented on front corner, lots of pictures, will try to find..

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Last edited Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:34 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:24 pm

I went to a breakers yesterday. They are breaking a puck at the moment I am sure you could buy the skin you need from them. They are ASM recyling in Thame Oxfordshire. They are selling a window on ebay at the moment. Give them a ring they will give you a price and they deliver for free Tel: 01844 268 940

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:40 pm

I'm already on them. Looking to get a few bits off them. Did you have a look inside??

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Yes all of the furniture is intact and the sink /hob is there. Get there soon as it does not have a roof. all of the exterior trims are good too.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:26 pm
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

They wanted £180 for the corner piece I needed which you can see in the photo. But extreme I thought. £120 for the door side window. Interior is going as a job lot on eBay.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:53 pm
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Wow. They did not think it would be worth anything in parts. Due to the overwhelming interest they have really bumped the prices up. I bought the table, although it had some damage, for £10. I went to look at the back window, which was too small for my Triton. I thought it would go for £50, now unsold at £129.00 on Ebay. I managed to find a second hand one that was the exact size but not an Eriba one for £45 on Ebay in the end

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:56 pm

I would straighten out what you have, and if damaged do what I did with mine. Add some new Aluminium to the bottom. Look on my post. The bottom of my skin had badly corroded in places.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:43 pm

I've found a product which I'm hoping is exactly the same material. Stucco embossed aluminium sheet. This is from a company called forge tec engineering in coleford in Gloucestershire. 2.4m x 1.2m sheet £60. 👍

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:08 pm
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Sounds good and they're not too far from you. Be interested to see it.
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:09 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0