Citroën Berlingo Multispace 1.6HDi 90 XRT

in We've got it down to a T Tue May 19, 2015 8:18 am
by MCINND (deleted)

Looking at up and coming retirement, the loss of my company car with also the downsizing of present caravan to a Nova Light 465, arriving end of next month so have though about purchasing a smaller vehicle.
I can't say I really like the look of the Citroën Berlingo Multispace with the XTR looking a little more sporty but it does tick all the practical boxes along with having a good sized boot for the dogs.
Does anyone tow with one of these vehicles and is it as practicable as it seems?
Arnold Clark up here in Scotland have quite a number of new ones on offer at the moment at £13K which appears to be a saving of £3.2K off the list price.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/a...dcars?logcode=p

David

Last edited Tue May 19, 2015 10:06 am | Scroll up

RE: Citroën Berlingo Multispace 1.6HDi 90 XRT

in We've got it down to a T Tue May 19, 2015 11:33 am
by PhilipM | 208 Posts

Hello,

I have had two Berlingos, (1.6 HDI 90) the last one being a 63 plate (previous 56). It was so practical - I carried all sorts inside from bikes to benches. The older model was more van like and was even better in my opinion. The later model pulled the 310 on all but the steepest of hills where I needed to change down. We changed to a Yeti for a more car like vehicle, but I miss the practicality especially when doing a tip run.

One thing to check is the nose weight of the tow ball. The one I had was limited to 50kg, but the vehicle could pull something up to 1350kg, I think.

Philip.

PS - If you do get one, I have a full set of Nexen winter tyres on Citroen supplied rims that only have done about 1500 miles I am looking to sell. They made the Berlingo grip like a 4x4 in the snow.

Eriba Familia 310 owner.

Last edited Tue May 19, 2015 11:37 am | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Tue May 19, 2015 11:42 am
by T & C (deleted)

We looked at the Berlingo - very practical with lots of storage space but it just didn't do it for us. However, its cousin the C4 Picasso is (in our opinion) a lovely looking car, similar engine and gearbox options and oodles of space - just a thought. Also it gives amazing fuel consumption and pulls very well with our Puck 230

T&C

ERIBA Puck L 230 pushing a Citroen C4 Picasso
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Tue May 19, 2015 12:18 pm
by Bryn | 993 Posts

I have a 56 plate berlingo 1.6hdi multi and it tows like a dream plus loads of space for awning etc, I would certainly buy another

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Tue May 19, 2015 1:05 pm
by jimbud (deleted)

Hi David
We have a Citroen Berlingo multi space XTRE 1.6 and would highly recommend it as a towing vehicle.
Recently we collected a new Triton 430 GT from AL in Poole. We did a three week UK tour going from Poole to as far north as Aberdeen and back to Cambridge for our flight home from Stansted.
Average miles per gallon during our trip was 42.7 ........... and the engine has not yet been run in.
All in all a very good towing vehicle and as you say has wonderful boot space.
Will try to add a photo to this post but as haven't done it before don't know that it will work. If it does it was taken on our way north at Gretna Servuces.
Regards
Jim & Isobel

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Tue May 19, 2015 1:09 pm
by jimbud (deleted)

Sorry no photo. Found photo, pressed upload and nothing happened. Maybe someone can help as instructions on forum very hazy to try and read..
Jim

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Tue May 19, 2015 1:45 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

Quote: jimbud wrote in post #6
instructions on forum very hazy to try and read
How dare you, Sir?

To add a photo:

1. Click "Attach file" button at bottom of the "Reply" page

2. Click "Browse" button

3. Select picture file on your computer and click "Upload"

4. When file has uploaded, click "Insert"

5. In "Embed image" pane that pops up click "Insert Image"

Robert's your mother's brother. Now what could be easier than that?

P1000727.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

likes this post!
Last edited Tue May 19, 2015 4:28 pm | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Tue May 19, 2015 2:09 pm
by hob (deleted)

Quote: jimbud wrote in post #6
Sorry no photo. Found photo, pressed upload and nothing happened. Maybe someone can help as instructions on forum very hazy to try and read..
Jim

This one? if you click each image it opens in another tab so you can see it better.

How to include images in a post

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
likes this post!
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sun May 24, 2015 9:30 am
by christine (deleted)

We had a Doblo, and loved it!
We would have one now but the new one is just too big for the garage.

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sun May 24, 2015 10:09 am
by jimbud (deleted)

Thank you.

I did your steps 1,2 & 3 pressed upload but nothing happened. I probably didn't wait long enough!

Think maybe some of the problem is that our wifi is not always great ........ Especially now that the holiday makers are beginning to arrive in the area.
Will try again some other time.

Isobel

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sun May 24, 2015 10:33 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

Modern photographic files are so large that they can take ages to upload if you have a slow Internet connection so you are more than likely right.

That's why I reduce the size of my files before uploading using Irfanview but I understand there are some far simpler ways of doing it automatically.

Perhaps someone in the know will advise? Hob?

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 55 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2