Water heater/urn/kettle!

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:48 pm
by LookaPuck (deleted)

I remember reading on here about a water heater that works a little like a kettle but it keeps the water hot all the time so you have instant hot water so long as you keep it topped up, have used the search facility but i can't find it, can anyone help me out please?
Peter

Puck nudging a Peugeot 208 along quite nicely!!!
Scroll up

RE: Water heater/urn/kettle!

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:22 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Try searching superkettle

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:04 pm
by ellen (deleted)

Absolutely love ours and wouldn't be without it.

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:50 pm
by victoriana (deleted)

Oh sounds good thing

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:25 pm
by ellen (deleted)

They are brilliant as once it's filled and boiled it just keeps warm so you have a brew in minutes. It's made to just leave on so you can wake up to hot water ready for your cuppa. They come in white or silver, having had both the silver seems more robust and up to travelling.

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:26 pm
by victoriana (deleted)

Ok another something to add to the list to buy

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:37 pm
by LookaPuck (deleted)

Thankyou everyone, def going to get one !!

Puck nudging a Peugeot 208 along quite nicely!!!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:12 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

I know that everyone who has one says that Superkettles are wonderful things to have in the caravan but, never in the last four years having felt the need to have boiling water on tap at all times, I've not been tempted to buy one.

Instead we use a two-cup, low wattage electric travel kettle that cost about £10 and only takes a few minutes to boil. It does everything we need. By comparison Superkettles cost £63 delivered and I don't know what we would use one for.

Could someone explain what I'm missing please?

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

, campnsnooze and like this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:11 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:43 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

I'm with you on this Brian. We use a low wattage kettle but I found a standard kitchen sized one 'cos the normal camping ones only make 2 cups.
Is the super-kettle's popularity generally amongst Eriba owners who do not have a water supply on tap?
TonyP

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.

likes this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:11 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:58 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

We got the small kettle because of its low wattage, Tony, following my tripping the supply on a French campsite when I used a domestic kettle.

The Superkettle is rated at only 300W but, according to the blurb, it takes 30 minutes to heat its contents to tea-making temperature from cold.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:12 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:01 pm
by hob (deleted)

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #8
I know that everyone who has one says that Superkettles are wonderful things to have in the caravan but, never in the last four years having felt the need to have boiling water on tap at all times, I've not been tempted to buy one.

Instead we use a two-cup, low wattage electric travel kettle that cost about £10 and only takes a few minutes to boil. It does everything we need. By comparison Superkettles cost £63 delivered and I don't know what we would use one for.

Could someone explain what I'm missing please?

Me too, low wattage electric kettle a little larger than a 2 cup though, I also carry an old fashioned whistling kettle that works on the gas ..............for the odd non hookup trip.

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:05 pm
by Agger (deleted)

In all our years camping (campers, motorhomes) and caravanning (Burstner 18 years, Eriba 10 years) we have only ever used a domestic kettle, we have never tripped electric at any site here or abroad

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish! Has an empty space where once a very polished Eriba stood😎
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:06 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Frantone wrote in post #9
I'm with you on this Brian.
I'm with you two too.

I'm ashamed - no, damn it, I'm proud - to say that we don't own an electric kettle at all, low wattage or otherwise. If we want a brew we put a pan on the stove with some water in it.

It's terrible, I know - it's not efficient and it wastes gas we've paid for when we should be using the hook-up electricity which we have also paid for, but there you go. If we were that bothered about saving a few pence we wouldn't have spent thousands and thousands of pounds on a small tin house on wheels which we tug round the country behind an unnecessarily big, thirsty and dirty diesel, and we'd stay at home with the lights off instead.

So there

Last edited Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:09 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:19 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Quote: Pepé Le Pew wrote in post #13
Quote: Frantone wrote in post #9
I'm with you on this Brian.
I'm with you two too.

I'm ashamed - no, damn it, I'm proud - to say that we don't own an electric kettle at all, low wattage or otherwise. If we want a brew we put a pan on the stove with some water in it.

It's terrible, I know - it's not efficient and it wastes gas we've paid for when we should be using the hook-up electricity which we have also paid for, but there you go. If we were that bothered about saving a few pence we wouldn't have spent thousands and thousands of pounds on a small tin house on wheels which we tug round the country behind an unnecessarily big, thirsty and dirty diesel, and we'd stay at home with the lights off instead.

So there [

Who said that, can somebody turn the light on.....

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Pepé Le Pew likes this post!
Last edited Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:20 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:04 pm
by hob (deleted)

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #10
We got the small kettle because of its low wattage, Tony, following my tripping the supply on a French campsite when I used a domestic kettle.

Modern domestic kettles go up to 3000w ..............thats about 12.5 amps

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 62 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105777 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2