Retro fitting a fridge to a Puck

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:15 pm
by java gt (deleted)

My early 80's Puck does not have a fridge fitted and I was wondering if anyone had fitted one and what was the best type.I think I may have to re-arrange the cupboards under the sink but any advice and pointers would be great.I assume it would be best to fit a 3 way fridge.

Scroll up

RE: Retro fitting a fridge to a Puck

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:23 pm
by hob (deleted)

Zitat
I assume it would be best to fit a 3 way fridge.

The alternative is a coolbox for travelling and not using non hookup sites .........then any small mains fridge would do as long as it does not use a lot of power.

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:27 pm
by java gt (deleted)

I had thought of a small wine cooler type fridge but for convenience a 3 way might be better.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:39 pm
by hob (deleted)

Did it have one originally? or is it a very old one?
Fitting a 3 way will need a gas supply pipe to it .............I tend to get a qualified person in for that sort of work.

As for size ......you will be limited as to what will fit in a puck ..........its often in the middle at the front.
See the photo gallery...........puck...........puck interiors.

g30p143-puck.html

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:25 am
by Pop540 (deleted)

you will need a qualified person for the power and gas installations, for the belt and braces approach for your own safety
most 3 way fridges are held in with 4 screws,
if your puck has not had a fridge before, certain vent regulations will have to be addressed,

the small ones are available at leisure shop direct, saw the other day when looking for something for someone
or you could try a caravan / motorhome breaker yard, the small van type motorhomes used the small fridges..
think cak tanks did 3 way fridges as well..
you could price one with any of the eriba dealers.
when we changed ours we selected a manual thetford because had a better ice box, used less gas but was bigger area inside, although fit in same fridge gap..our choice is too big for a puck!!

hope you find a solution
P

Eriba troll 540 2003 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:02 am
by Randa france | 12.886 Posts

Quote: A guest wrote in post #3
I had thought of a small wine cooler type fridge but for convenience a 3 way might be better.

We're not qualified to answer this if a built in fridge is what you're looking for but just to be a devil's advocate, before we owned the Eriba and were tent campers, we used to carry a table top domestic fridge as well as a 3 way (expensive) Electrolux camping fridge. Once powered up and filled, in our case at the first camp site after a long journey to France, they withstood the down time (unplugged) for the 4 or so hours between camp sites without any problems.

Now we have the Eriba with a built in fridge, because we continue to do long trips abroad, we still use the Electrolux 3 way fridge but have replaced the table top domestic fridge with a table top domestic freezer. Again, both the 3 way fridge and freezer can withstand the down time between camp sites without any problems. In fact, last year when our built in fridge broke down on mains power we almost totally relied on the 3 way fridge.

Just a thought Typical 3 way fridge

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:28 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:35 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

Have you thought about taking a domestic electric cooker with you in case your induction hob breaks down, Roger?

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:20 am

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #7
Have you thought about taking a domestic electric cooker with you in case your induction hob breaks down, Roger?

Titter ye not missus! Just because you have a tow car that won't carry anything more than a bag of crisps.

The reason for the extra fridge is so that we can have cold drinks to hand any time of the day or night.
The reason for the freezer is so we don't need to visit and queue in French supermarkets every other day. Not only does it save time and mileage but we can also split meat packs etc so they can be used during the following days. A far cheaper solution.

Each to their own.

Randa

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:12 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

am amazed at your resourcefulness in case of emergency, and worry about your rear axle weight limit
starting to think we need a car like yours

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:21 pm

Zitat
am amazed at your resourcefulness in case of emergency

As I said above, it's nothing to do with an emergency. We have always used them and they go back to our camping days. Tents don't normally come with built in fridges.

Zitat
worry about your rear axle weight limit

As far as rear axle weight is concerned, they are nowhere near the weight of the rear seats that we remove and leave at home.
What's this? Pick on the Randas day?
Anyone else want a pop?
Randa

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:38 pm
by victoriana (deleted)

thought the saying was make love not war

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:47 pm
by Agger (deleted)

You have to be able to make love, you don't need to do anything to make war

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish! Has an empty space where once a very polished Eriba stood😎
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:06 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

it seems was taken wrong way, was a compliment, the last sentence suggested this
sending Werbung: some

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 51 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2