Driving related comment

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:46 pm
by Agger (deleted)

I've been driving with a Police friend of mine (been mates since school), I sometimes ask him to grade me on my driving (he was an advanced Police driver trainer) sometimes he throws up a quetion when I'm doing a commentary drive, today questiion caught me out

We were driving down an A road approaching Stratford Upon Avon from Evesham, it used to be 3 lanes but quite some time ago it was made into single (but wide lanes in each direction) I was following a lorry at just under 60mph, and got overtaken by a Ford Mondeo (who passed within 6 inches of my wing mirror) he asked what the driver had done wrong? I said he passed too close, he said yes but something else? I gave up eventually he said in trying to enforce the law himself he had actually broken the law!

I wonder how many others do that!! Quite a few I'll bet, whether speeding because your doing the limit or other things they don't agree with!!!

Got me thinking though

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish! Has an empty space where once a very polished Eriba stood😎
likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Driving related comment

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:11 pm
by Wordspace (deleted)

Quote: Agger wrote in post #1
I've been driving with a Police friend of mine (been mates since school), I sometimes ask him to grade me on my driving (he was an advanced Police driver trainer) sometimes he throws up a quetion when I'm doing a commentary drive, today questiion caught me out

We were driving down an A road approaching Stratford Upon Avon from Evesham, it used to be 3 lanes but quite some time ago it was made into single (but wide lanes in each direction) I was following a lorry at just under 60mph, and got overtaken by a Ford Mondeo (who passed within 6 inches of my wing mirror) he asked what the driver had done wrong? I said he passed too close, he said yes but something else? I gave up eventually he said in trying to enforce the law himself he had actually broken the law!

I wonder how many others do that!! Quite a few I'll bet, whether speeding because your doing the limit or other things they don't agree with!!!

Got me thinking though
Got me thinking too. I can't quite understand yet – how was he trying to enforce the law?

Olivers Twists at http://martynoliver.wordpress.com/
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:15 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Wordspace wrote in post #2
I can't quite understand yet – how was he trying to enforce the law?
I don't understand either.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:28 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Nor me.

Is the he the Mondeo driver or the police passenger?

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:36 pm
by Agger (deleted)

The Mondeo driver was (due to interpretation I'll admit but I did'nt make the comment) by driving too close he was trying to say I should be driving more to the gutter, it was clear for him to overtake more safely.

It seems to me we could all fall into a situation like this, where we break the law trying to prove a point!

I had to hurry my first post as my tab was losing battery so understand I might not have explained it correctly

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish! Has an empty space where once a very polished Eriba stood😎
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:42 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Agger wrote in post #5
The Mondeo driver was (due to interpretation I'll admit but I did'nt make the comment) by driving too close he was trying to say I should be driving more to the gutter, it was clear for him to overtake more safely.
I still don't really understand how this is a case of the Mondeo driver trying to 'enforce a law'.

What law?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:02 pm
by Agger (deleted)

Well I guess it could fall into "driving without due care" "driving in a manner likely to cause harm to others" etc I do'nt know as I'm not plod but my friend was adamant he could be pulled and warned

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:02 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

I think that all this gazing at highly polished surfaces has induced a rare visual defect in Agger somewhat akin to snow-blindness and that the 'black Mondeo' was really and unmarked police patrol car rushing to stop illegal immigrants entering Gloucestershire.

Just a theory.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:35 am
by Agger (deleted)

I think the point he was making was the Mondeo driver did'nt agree with my road positioning and thats why he came very close as he had plenty of room with no cars coming towards us.

It reminded me in a way of an incident a few years ago where I gave chase to and caught 2 young scrotes who were throwing stones at passing cars! I got hold of one and told him not to do it and he said "pixx of grandad" so as I had polished my forehead just for such an occasion I headbutted him, I got taken to court as I told the truth and fessed up, I wrote my own plea of mitigation, Jen came with me, I saw the duty solicitor and showed him my plea and he got the Magistrate who said they agreed a caution and as long as I did to get my backside over the Police station annd report to he desk "Sarge". I owned up, corrected the initial Poliice officer on timings, have never had any "crime" or criminal history, not even a parkinng ticket.

But, trying to stop bad behaviour I fell foul to the law by breaking it, which I totally agree I did. But I'm a good guy, polite, respectful, honest, I just don't tolerate fools!!!

I guess you could say the Mondeo driver was a bit like that??

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:18 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

I've given up 3 paras ago.

Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Pepe's Walk
likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1