Storage

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:44 pm
by Taffy (deleted)

I have a 420 and while still trying to work out storage solutions and constantly moving items from one location to another struck me as what do others do for storing plate,pots/pans, foods etc. As when I think something should live in one place and then start living in the space find I am moving items. What do other store in overhead lockers and what stores under the sink and under the cooker? or any neat little storage solutions other shave found.

likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Storage

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:24 am
by Agger (deleted)

Hi Taffy, we used to store our steamer, electric kettle, plates, bowls, pots and pans under the sink, we also decanted "fairy" liquid, washing tablets into smaller containers, and whilst travelling these went into a washing up bowl in the sink.

The 3 head high cupboards above the sink and cooker, we stored paper towel (we used this almost exclusivley when away) wine glasses (although we are both t total we used them for sooft drinks), we also stowed biscuits, coffee, tea, cake etc.

I had 2 head high cupboards for my socks, boxers, shorts, trousers, etc.

Jen had 4 head high cupboards for her equivalent!!!

The wardrobe we used for jackets, shirts, blouses, skirts etc. Shirts I used to hang about 6 on one hanger😎

We used "trolley bags" available from large supermarkets in different colours, these are thick plastic bags and great for underseat storage. 3 under my bed, 2 under Jens (because of the battery and electrics)

The front floor area under the front table we stored our heavier items, electric cable, wheel clamp, fresh vegetables etc.

The underseat locker just inside the door on the right, we used for shoes, boots, crocs etc.

We used 4 x 3 litre water bottles for our drinking water, which we would usually carry at one full for the journey.

Other items went in the car.

I have been fairly comprehensive here but accept that I may have missed some essential bits!!

Another idea we "ponced" was to use washing up bowls to store tinned foods in. We bought 3 of the same pattern, colour etc, and when you sort youur tins into sizes they cann be stacked sinngle height into a washing up bowl, then it's simply fill another bowl and do the same and stack on the first, and then the second etc.

Hth, we all have different methods, tips etc to pass on

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish! Has an empty space where once a very polished Eriba stood😎
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:46 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

We just cram everything in until we can just close the doors and then pick stuff up off the floor when we need it.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

campnsnooze and like this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:05 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:05 am
by hob (deleted)

The primary consideration for items permanently stored in the van should be how it will effect the noseweight when towing, and how it effects the towing dynamics,
Eg no heavy stuff high up or at extreme ends of the van (while towing)
After that its down to personal preference.

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:50 am
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

We have a 430. We use the cupboard under the sink for bread rolls, cake tin and any other dry food. The 2 hatches above the sink...one we use for the mugs, plates, bowls etc and the other for saucepans and frying pan. At the rear: Cupboard under dinette by door is shoes, the other cupboard under the other seat is for the oil filled radiator, oven and toaster. The 3 lockers above at the rear: 2 are used for food and the third is the odds and sods locker. I hang all clothes apart from underwear, and find the wardrobe will take 34 hangers!!...17 each. We now have a fixed bed as we have the dinette. Under the bed we keep 2 large plastic bins..one each for underwear etc. The five lockers at the front above bed... again 3 have a mish mash of things and the other 2 are empty!!. We have only had the van 15 months and at the end of last season, we stripped out everything we had not used during the year. Been away 7 times this year and not missed any of those items. After a few times away, you will find yourself what works for you.

and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:01 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: campnsnooze wrote in post #5
I hang all clothes apart from underwear, and find the wardrobe will take 34 hangers!!...17 each.

Gulp

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
campnsnooze likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:14 pm
by hob (deleted)

Quote: campnsnooze wrote in post #5
and the other 2 are empty!!.

Its all in the door!!!

Forum moderator
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:48 pm
by Taffy (deleted)

I am sure I will find a place for all my bits and bobs to live in their spaces each time I use it I move things around. Like someone above, dishcloths washing liquid I store int he sink travelling. Some staple foods I have found very good for caravan storage is, rather than tins or big items. Tinned Tomatoes rather not tins, Asda do them in a carton. Beans - Heinz fridge pack, with screw top or those vacuum pack portions. Squash - little mini concentrated squirty's, very useful foe evening in the bag for work etc to flavour some water. Not forgetting the essential - Wine, carton rather than bottle. Handy collapsible basket for carting dishes between wash up facilities.

How do others store their plates - any racks etc or in a box.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:52 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Maybe it's time for a 'storage ideas' album in the gallery.

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.

and like this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:06 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:16 pm
by hob (deleted)

Quote: Taffy wrote in post #8

My triton came with a handy wire rack under the sink where I keep that sort of stuff with a chopping board and a tray.

P1300740.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Forum moderator
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:16 pm
by Wordspace (deleted)

Quote: hob wrote in post #10
Quote: Taffy wrote in post #8

My triton came with a handy wire rack under the sink where I keep that sort of stuff with a chopping board and a tray.

Yes, ours has that too, and that's what we use it for. The collapsible kettle goes in the rack too. We also have an old Ekco Nova melamine tea set which lives in the right-hand front eye-level locker along with a nesting saucepan/fryingpan/casserole set. My uke goes in the one on the left.

The two cubbyholes by the front table house the walk books, the maps, paperbacks, travel scrabble, radio and various chargers and cables. Weasel the whippet's stuff - biscuits, bowls etc. - lives in one of the lockers above the sink, and our stuff - biscuits, cake, coffee and Aeropress - lives in the other. We tend not to keep much in the way of food in the caravan, buying stuff like fish and fresh fruit and veg day by day as we need it.

The toaster and the carbon monoxide alarm are stored in the well at the back of the wardrobe but on site, when the lid is up, the toaster lives on top of the wardrobe until breakfast time, while the CO alarm sits on the shelf by the front windows.

Things like pants and socks etc. are rolled up and go in one of those storage things that hangs from a clothes hanger and has about 20 pockets on each side, taking up about a tenth of the wardrobe's rail length. The rest of our clothes go on hangers, except for jumpers, which are folded and go in the overhead lockers beside the wardrobe. If we don't leave the beds made up, the Duvalays go in the door-side underbed locker and the pillows go in the two eye-level lockers at the back.

The vast majority of this stuff doesn't stay in the Eriba between trips, and travels to and from sites in stackable plastic crates in the back of the car. All that remains while in storage is the toaster and the alarm, the crockery and cutlery and the cooking utensils, because these are specific to the caravan.

Olivers Twists at http://martynoliver.wordpress.com/
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 36 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105689 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5