Dry at home or wet in Wareham

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:59 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

I know where I'd rather be, right here in my studio thinking about starting a painting.
We came back from Somerset on Monday morning in pouring rain, just like today and yesterday, instead of fulfilling our 3 night booking at Redcliffe Farm. I did call them and cancel.

Soaked through in packing, then unpacking, the car rumbling when braking with so much wet stuff in the brakes and not much better now having been traipsing round the local area visiting open art studios all morning as it is Hampshire Open Studios week. Also popped in to 2 pubs to check them out and made a booking for the Mini Meet Sunday Lunch in the Prince Consort at Netley Abbey.

When we arrived back home on Monday with our Eriba luckily still in tow, we couldn't get into our drive due to one of the neighbour's cars parked in. We give them permission when going away and of course we were bcak early. The mover really came into its own then.

Went swimming as usual at the local rec yesterday then some shopping and a visit and got back to find our drive newly blocked by a Clancy Docwra van and a big hole as they were replacing a leaking fire hydrant. Big mess out there and they knocked off at teatime.
I later noticed the two pedestrian signs had blown over and one had scratched the near side, rear door and tail panel. Took photos and reported it this morning.
An inspector turned up today and reported in and I did a statementt and now the guys are back, new fire hydrant in, big lorry with backfill and the rest.

We were planning to do more art studios this afternoon and not sure whether to go out again......who knows what may be here next time we drive in?

Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Pepe's Walk
Scroll up

RE: Dry at home or wet in Wareham

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:36 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Being blocked out might be better than being blocked in!

Isn't this the weather for water colours?

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:54 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

Quote: Frantone wrote in post #2
Isn't this the weather for water colours?
Not at the moment. After a morning of biblical downpourings, the sun came out after lunch and it's now sunny and very warm. Huzzah!

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:59 pm
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

Just back from Everton nr Lymington and many of the backroads are waterlogged.....stay where you are...much warmer.
Chris

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:29 pm

It's nice out now as Eric said to Ernie

Carole has just gone out for a training run. She's been missing that, but sadly a fairweather runner now.

Pepe's Walk

Last edited Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:31 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:57 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

Just back from CCC site in Chertsey - fantastic Summer weather - see attached pic, Sadly it only lasted 1 day But good whilst it lasted Ribby CHERTSEY August 2015 NET.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:10 pm
by Agger (deleted)

Dry here, just waxed the car yep seriously, apparently I should be watching BBC 2 now

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish! Has an empty space where once a very polished Eriba stood😎
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:12 pm

What for - the bake off Gray?

Pepe's Walk
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:14 pm
by Agger (deleted)

Quote: hampshireman wrote in post #8
What for - the bake off Gray?

I can't watch that it makes me hungry no BBBC 2 Horizon is about OCD

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish! Has an empty space where once a very polished Eriba stood😎
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1