RE: Dometic Fridge.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:19 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

Quote: Ray Lawrence wrote in post #15
On older Dometic fridges, I don't think that the 230Vac (green) and 12Vdc (red) switches are interlinked. Mine are turned on all the time so that whatever power source I have it just works! Saves having to remember to switch the 12Vdc on when towing. The thermostat only works on the 230Vac supply, 12Vdc is on all the time when towing and gas is regulated manually by the 3 or 5 way gas regulator knob.
You may well be right, Ray, but I've just checked the Dometic and the Eriba manuals and both quite clearly state that the 240V switch should be turned off when operating on 12,V so that's what I do.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:04 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:20 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Ray Lawrence wrote in post #15
On older Dometic fridges, I don't think that the 230Vac (green) and 12Vdc (red) switches are interlinked. Mine are turned on all the time so that whatever power source I have it just works! Saves having to remember to switch the 12Vdc on when towing. The thermostat only works on the 230Vac supply, 12Vdc is on all the time when towing and gas is regulated manually by the 3 or 5 way gas regulator knob.

I concur. We leave both switches on between towing and EHU and only switch off when back in storage .

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:59 am
by DBVWT (deleted)

As a novice I had been leaving both the red and green switches on for the past 4 months and all worked fine (2005 model). Reading the manual a couple of weeks ago, it does say to only turn on the relevant switch depending on power source.
This doesn't seemed to have made any difference to anything whatsoever so I'm going back to leaving them both on all the time. One more thing not to have to remember!!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 57 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0