Insurance

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:54 pm
by Susie Green (deleted)

Hi Eriba folk,

I'm not a new member but had to renew my login as I seemed to have disappeared. Good to be back!

When I joined last year you gave me lots of helpful advice about caravan insurance - and someone recommended LOOK - who did indeed provide a policy at a good price. However we have now opted to keep our caravan behind another house which we own but is rented out...in a locked paddock, behind a shed so out of sight from the road...BUT Look say they can't insure it unless it's at our home address. The fact that the home is a rented property makes it impossible to cover - although they did say if it was friends or family living there it would be ok. They would only be happy if it was stored on our driveway at home or in a storage facility.

This is probably going to be a problem with other insurance companies too - but does anyone have any experience of being in this situation - storing their caravan on land that is not at their home address nor a licensed caravan storage place, and have insurance cover?

Any thoughts gratefully received - thanks.

Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 54 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6